A New York Luncheon

>> Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I swear this is not becoming a food blog, it's just part of what I like so sometimes you'd see a few post on food here.

What you see on the left is a receipt for a 6 person luncheon in New York's Nello. No, I wasn't there, but I remember seeing it on Serious Eats a while ago and understood that it is something that I will never be able to do, even if I won the lottery tomorrow I'd still won utilize my money like that. Of course, the person who purchased this meal is Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich who buys up a whole soccer team in his pastimes and probably wouldn't think twice. But what can a $5,000 bottle of Cristal accomplish?

If I were rich and living in New York, I would probably be in heaven trying out all the exciting restaurant in town. The culinary scene is so vibrant with new restaurants opening every day, you wouldn't have to eat the same thing in the same restaurant twice in your life.

$8,000 a person for lunch? What are you gonna follow it with when dinner comes?

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP