Weekend Meme: Random Dozen Meme

>> Saturday, September 12, 2009



This weekend, the boyfriend's ex and the ex's boyfriend are flying in from Barcelona to New York City and me and the boyfriend are gonna go hangout and sleep over for one night. I always like to go to New York City, there are so much stuff to see. And lately, I haven't got the chance to go, so I'm all excited about getting a comic book or two and eating things that I love.

At the same time, the straizian (Straight Asian) crew that I hang out with wanted me to join them for a Japanese sushi buffet that I absolutely adore. But somehow I'm afraid that if I do go and chow down, I might be full for days and ruin my NYC experience. Kinda silly, and I have no idea why I'd think like that but then saving some money is in order. I'd be hanging out the straizians today for Mahjong anyhow, hopefully I'll win some bus money out of it.

This weekend's meme is from Sunday Stealing, the almighty meme stealing machine. It's quite random, hope you like it.

1. When you go to Wowmart, what one thing do you get every single time, besides a funky-wheeled squeaking cart full of frustration?

Ooh, this question reminded me to promote the blog - People of Walmart. It's like National Geographic for the suburban America. Fascinating stuff. The Wal-mart around us is not too accessible, so I usually have to go to Target instead. One thing that I get almost everytime when I'm there is shower curtains. I changed them almost every season. It gets moldy quick.

2. What is something that people are currently “into” that you just don’t get or appreciate?

Twittering is one of them. Who needs to update everyone what they are doing or thinking every single day. It's quite self-absorbing. I thought Facebook and having a blog is already a bit too much. And then you are limited to a number of characters, it's like some kind of inconvenient censorship. Weird and I don't get it.

3. What is something that really hoists your sail that other people might feel “ho-hum” about?

Wow, I have to look up what "hoist your sail" means. Um, I guess one of the things would be white chocolate. Good white chocolate has a saturated creaminess that's completely awesome. Not a lot of people appreciate white chocolate, they call it fake but it's still a very great confection to me.

4. Favorite song to sing in the shower or car?

The classic "Summertime"



Though most of the time is whatever comes into mind, like this morning it was Stephen Lunch's Little Tiny Moustache.

5. A really great salad must have this ingredient:

Hard boiled eggs and mayo. When I was a kid, my concept of salad was a mayo or miracle whip concoction consisted with cubed hard boiled eggs, cubed ham, cubed potatoes, corn, tomato, scallion and sometimes even apples and grapes. Not the lettuce leafy stuff.

6. What advice in a nutshell would you give to new bloggers?

Try to blog consistently and use pictures and clips often. Oh and don't set up some automated audio (i.e. music player), people hates to be surprised by it, especially at work.

7. What was the alternate name that your parents almost named you? Do you wish they had chosen it instead of the one they gave you?

I do hate my first name which I rarely share it with anyone. My middle name is Yves, and I let it take over because I like it so much better.

8. What in your life are you waiting for?

Right now it's a job and after that I think it's the ability to take on more and more responsibility to be a self-sufficient responsible adult.

9. You get a package in the mail. What is it, and who is it from?

I'm expecting two package right now and they are both from some lego vendors. They will contain some lego minifigures that my boyfriend enjoys. We'll be doing some project to design "me" and some of my outfits, also a few other figurines that we'd like to experiment upon.

10. Today–what song represents you?

Wild Is The Wind? I like this kind of weather and it makes my mind runs wild in a very soothing way.

11. What is one thing that blogging has taught you about yourself?

It actually helps me form an identity, tells me what kinda person I am, helps me to know myself better.

12. How are you going to (or how did you) choose the clothes you’re wearing today? What do they say about you in general or specifically how you’re feeling today?

Short and sandals, a t-shirt with a long sleeve shirt. It's very casual and comfortable. I'm an easy going kinda guy.

Okay, have a great weekend y'all!

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP