Reaction To Proposition 8 - The Musical

>> Friday, December 05, 2008

It's a belated post for the star-studded Prop 8 - The Musical:

See more Jack Black videos at Funny or Die


I wasn't gonna post it, because as well-intended and spectacularly casted it is, I can't help but wonder who's gonna watch it other than the people who are already pro-gay marriage. Apparently I'm wrong.

The Christian Anti-Defamation Commission is demanding an apology from Jack Black and other stars for defaming the bible and Christ. It's true that along with condemning the gays, there are also passages in the bible that condemn adulterers, talking back to elders and shellfish and for people to focus on gays are curiously absurd. We don't see adulterers being stoned to death and I can see worst crime than loving another person of the same gender.

Although I'm reminded even in the musical they mentioned that accepting gay marriage would stimulate the economy, bigots generate more revenues by hating. There are always people willing to donate money to ban gay marriage, and yet we don't have a clue where the money has gone to. Same with the supporters of gay marriage, there's no accountability on either camp, just like the money that goes to Iraq or the money used to bail out Wall Street. So, either gay marriage went through or not the economy will benefit. Of course, I want bigotry to end and if the other camp pays attention to little music numbers like this, I say go ahead.

Um... I'm having shrimp tonight, so am I going to hell? Oh and Happy 40th Birthday to Margaret Cho. Apparently My good friend Billy and her were born on the same day!

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP