Philadelphia Stock Exchange

>> Monday, December 29, 2008



A friend of mine was selling a brand new 8Gb iPod Touch for $180, he won that at his company Christmas party and he already have a GPhone. Since my iPod is going monotone on me and the iPod Touch can be used to play games and go online and that price is really good (comparing to $229 +tax at the stores), I bought it from him.

After looking in my old iPod, I find out that I actually have 17Gb of songs, so obviously my new iPod will not satisfy my needs. Luckily I haven't opened the box yet, so I posted it on Craigslist for $200 to earn a quick buck. Selling stuff on Craigslist is not easy, after you post it, you have to wait for responses and then call them back and negotiate some more. Ever since X'mas Eve, I've been pulled to an array of parties and Mahjong session which only ceased after last night, and even though I've gotten 4 responses minus one exchange request, all the responses have kinda trailed.

One kid tried to negotiate a discount and claimed that he doesn't have enough money and offer to pay half first. When I refused, he called me back and told me to keep it for him for a week. A lady called and said I'm too far away for her to meet. The other guys still hasn't called me back yet. I'm posting the ad again, hopefully it'll garner more responses.

Adele is suppose to come and perform in Philadelphia on January 15th. I've just found that out 2 weeks ago but it's already sold out. I feel like kicking myself. Her tickets were sold for $15 each and when I check on the other ticket sites for them, they were pumped to a whopping $314 a piece. I wonder who will buy them for that much. After physically walking to the venue and see if they have reserved some aside for ground sale and asked a few questions about a potential venue change, my plan is to just go there on that night and see if there are anyone selling them on the side. It might be cheaper. Although after checking back, the price has already dropped to around $150, maybe the closer it gets to the event, the lower the price will be. Even I've heard she might come back to Philly again, I'm still crossing my fingers. Around $50-60 a piece would be ideal, that'd be about the same price I got the Amy Winehouse's for.



Oh, plus I thought $9.99 a pound of lobster is cheap since Reading Terminal sells them for $15-20 a pound. I just bought 3 of them for $7.99 a pound, just to find out that at ShopRite they sell them for $4.99 a pound. Although killing live things weren't fun at all.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP