King of Games

>> Monday, December 22, 2008

I'm so exhausted.

After a 4-hour Mahjong training session for new learners on Saturday afternoon, me and my friends drove to Delaware to another friend's place for our X'Mas party, after dinner we did our pollyanna that involved picking names from a hat and stealing other people's gifts. Since there's a rule that the gifts have to be $5 or under and most people there are tennis players, there were a lot of tennis balls around. Fortunately I was the last one picked, so I get to steal a gift-wrapped $5 bill but got stolen later and I chose an etch-a-sketch for my second option. Other gifts also include a $5.99 digital camera, a 3-piece set of X'mas figurines, some interesting decorative masks, chopsticks, chocolates and the pear-shaped candles I bought. I even made a gift bag out of wrapping paper and used some ribbons and all to make it real pretty. At the end, the gift itself is not really important, but we had lots of fun. I end up giving the etch-a-sketch to one of my friends' nephew.



CL brought a fun party game with him called Apples to Apples where each of us are given 7 red apple cards with a noun of the card, it could be a person, a place, a thing, or an incident... And a green card is selected randomly with an adjective on it. And people are suppose to choose the most appropriate noun for it with one of the players being a judge and see which noun is the most appropriate for the adjective. The winner will take the green apple card and be the next judge, the first one who gets 4 green apple card would win. There were 13 people playing and yours truly wins with Hillary Rodham Clinton (for Heartless), Giant Squid (for Legendary), Sunset (for Magical) and Asians (for Smooth). It's really funny to see what people come up with for different categories and also see the different value system for different judges.



We played some more Mahjong and some Wii games and turn around it's 6:30 am. Sleep for 3 hours and then it's more Wii. Our favorite is the tennis game in Wii Sports. Four people playing doubles. By the end I can feel my forearms aching like I had lifted weight for the past hour. Not my shining moments, since everybody else are really into tennis, but I'm also a lot better than a lot of non-gamers. SV played so violently that I was afraid for the host that he might break something. We played Mario Kart for a bit, and I'm actually better at it than even people who own a console.



Another Wii game called We Cheer where we were supposed to imitate cheerleader and use our controllers as pom-poms, dancing to C&C Music factory's Everybody Dance Now. We took a lot of pictures while other people were doing that for blackmailing purposes later.

Time flies when you're having fun. After some Mahjong, it was 5:30 in the morning. Some needed some sleep, but a few of us were still playing Wii for another hour. And then we played some more after 3 hours of sleep. Went out to a mighty cool dinner (Lucky's Coffee House?) for a late lunch and then drove back to Philadelphia and go to another friend's house and played some more Mahjong and got home just before 9pm.

I never felt so in need of a shower... It's a good thing I can stay in bed for as long as I want. Since I have some leftover Chinese takeout in fridge, I don't think I'll move much for the rest of the day.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP