Taste of Homelessness

>> Wednesday, September 10, 2008



Yesterday, I was online as usual killing my time and suddenly all the lights and electrical equipments in my place were flickering. (Well, actually my ipod to speaker contraption was ok, which I still don't understand why.) The first thought that comes to my head was that something I'm using was short circuiting. Maybe a mousy was chewing on some cable and get electricuted during the process. I called my landlord and thankfully they're there, so they said they will investigate it. I was prosponing my trip to satisfy my "find things to buy" urge, but I thought, what the heck, I don't need this Exorcist style epilepsy inducing bullshit. So I shut off all the electronic devices and went out. Turns out the problem extends to the whole building and in fact the whole block.

Some electrical device in the pothole exploded and fumes were coming off it. A fire truck and some hunky firemen arrived along with and ambulance and like 6 patrol cars. After the fume rised, dark smoke followed and soon my building along with others in the one block radius were evacuated until further notice. I went and bought a wrench from the hardware store, getting ready for the heist. Somehow the sizes are not quite right, even after one exchange. Walked around aimlessly on South Street, I usually go out with a purpose and seldom go out just because, so it bugged me somewhat. I wouldn't know what to do all day if I have to live on the street.

Went to a dinner to have a very early dinner and by that time it's getting dark, so I walked up to a police officer who's standing guard around my block and asked for details and he said it will be hours before it's fixed and offer to walk me back to my building so I can pack up my laptop and go somewhere else to wait. He's pretty nice and perhaps I should have lead him back to my place and have my way with him or at least ask for his number. I got back to an empty pitch black apartment building. It looked like the scene for the next Resident Evil game. some people left their door open and I was thinking how easy it must be to take their stuff from them, but I didn't. I packed up my laptop and headed out to seat in a coffee shop with Wi-Fi. It's impossible for me to go without TV and the internet now. I'm too dependent even addicted.

BL got out of class and texted me to meet him to watch him eat and then we headed to his place to watch episodes of Golden Girls. After that, I headed back to a place with electricity but no cable or internet. I thought I'd just go to bed and pray for the best in the morning, but I pulled out my Hedwig and the Angry Inch DVD, watched the whole thing and noticed everything turned back to normal around 2am.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP