Kid-napped

>> Sunday, September 14, 2008



I remember I wanted kids before this weekend. I'm not saying that I don't want them anymore, but I guess during the weekend I've come to realized that there is a difference between reality and fantasy. There are a lot of details and logistics involved with kids and it will force me to be the adult permanently if I ever adopt or get a kid.

The weekend with ES and her family has been pleasant but exhausting, I've had a taste of life in the lands the heteros. Their schedule is wildly different from mine, they have responsibilities, they have chores and errands, they have kids. It is a big contrast of what I used to. School, day care, Japanese schools, a huge minivan, a four bedroom house with a two car garage and two car seats, troller, juice boxes, toys made of plastics, breast feeding, Dora the Explorer and Diego; It's like a whole other language. And the kids cry because they want to be picked up, and the kids cry because they want to walk on their own, and then they cry because they don't want to take a nap or because their mom is in the next room, or because they want that particular toy. I'm glad I'm just visiting, I can be the seemingly patient uncle Paul.

I was hoping to sleep in my own bed last night but dinner and dessert have made me missed my last bus home. I have mountains of laundry to do that I've been pushing it back. And my Mahjong buddies have just called to arrange a game later today, but I reckoned that everyone is busy during the week and I could use that time to do it, if I don't get too lazy.

By the way, it is also Mid-Autumn Festival today, so if you haven't had a chance to look out in the sky last night, do it tonight and stare at the full moon, it is said to be the clearest visible full moon in the year. Enjoy.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP