Sick Day Rant

>> Thursday, September 04, 2008



Woke up all tired and achy yesterday, I thought it was from a hangover I've got hanging out with BL the night before. He wanted me to see an Asian crime thriller called the Infernal Affairs. I have been really out of touch with Asian cinema, the last movie I've seen was Stephen Chow's Kung Fu Hustle which was hilarious. But honestly other than films done by Wong Kar Wai or Zhang Yi Mou or some of the kung fu movies, I have not much interest in Asian movies and by the time we were talking about it, it was already 10:30pm, so we decided to go for a drink instead.

So we ventured out, as much as I hate to miss watch the Daily Show especially during the RNC, I am thrilled to have human contact and a social life. We went to a small neighborhood bar where I met a bartender who I've had a huge crush on 7 years ago - a very nice baldheaded guy with wearing glasses. It has been a long time now and he moved from one bar to another and he's not as slender as he was back then, but I adore the guy. I remember everytime I see him he'll come in to give me a kiss on the mouth, I'm not used to that kind of expressions and I can't help but brush a little everytime I see him.

After two drinks, I'm drunk. I can't decide whether it's because my bartender crush thought that he was being nice to me by giving me more alcohol in my glass or not. Alcohol is so not the reason why I go out to drink. BL have had 5 beers and two Malibu Pineapple and he's making fun of me for getting drunk so easily. We were talking about Chinese food that we love and he hasn't had any dinner so we decided to go to Chinatown to get a bowl of wonton soup. BL is kinda tall and husky like me, well, not as husky and he loves to eat so we click in different levels. One of the most famous late night hangouts closed for the month, so we ventured to another place and got some mediocre noodle soups. At the end I was so drunk and tired that I can't even be bothered to chew, BL laughed as he walked me home.

So I went back to Chinatown yesterday for lunch so I can find some real wonton noodle soups. And along the way I picked up some tonics that supposedly helps with maintaining physical balances. I have been having too much fried food and maybe my not feeling well have something to do with the Chinese Medicinal theories of my body being too heated. The banquet food, ordering pizza and fried chicken during the late night mahjong session, staying up too late, boozing more frequently and eating durian all contributed to me feeling unwell.

Right now I have a temperature of 102 and I have a lump in my throat. There's nothing a couple of tylenol can't fix, I just hope that it's not strep throat again. That or Lyme disease. God, I'm such a hypochondraic


Found this trendy shoestore in chinatown where they hang the shoes up right next to some fake roast ducks. I thought it was a pretty cool concept.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP