Confidence Booster

>> Thursday, September 11, 2008

Out of curiosity I posted my picture on a kid site called HotorNot.com, of course it's purely out of vanity purposes. It's hard to explain but I have had some confident issues ever since I've moved to the States, before that I was a happy go lucky loud mouth and I have no idea what changed in between.

Well believe it or not, little old me got a 9 out of 10, so I'm pretty thrilled. Of course, I know that one is one of my best pic with great lighting and good pictures of me comes far and few in between, and my score is dropping slightly but it still boosted my ego and morale a little bit.

Speaking of confidence boosters, it's a weird ritual of mine but whenever I'm planning to go out for a trip somewhere else, I want to go shop for clothes. I don't know why I feel the need to look my best in front of strangers, as if I need to convince others that this is how I usually look like. I could care less when I'm in town though, but no, since I've met more and more friends I've realized that as comfortable as I am in T-shirt, shorts and sandals, it's still not enough.

I'm not a person of style. I have three pairs of jeans and two pairs of shorts. I usually stick with my favorite and don't change until it needs to be replaced. The stores I go to are also quite standard, Macy's, Banana Republic, J. Crew, Express. Yesterday as I was doing my rounds looking for things to buy, I found nothing. Well, they are already selling fall/winter stuff and all I bought is a sweater that looks okay but too cheap to pass up.

I can't believe I can't find anything out there. I saw a red short sleeve shirt at Macy's but it costs $80. Banana Republic has a nice t-shirt, but they don't have my size and their website didn't even list it. Maybe I can find it somewhere else. Lucky Brand taught me to layer a long sleeve white t-shirt with a flannel shirt, but I'm not too sure it's the weather to get that or if I'd spend $40 for a plain white long sleeve t-shirt and I'd imagine that outfit would look more proper if I'm working at the docks of Seattle.

Went to the doctor and he told me I managed to lose 7 pounds just sitting on my ass last month. Maybe if I lose more pounds then, I can look better in clothes. I'm going to Washington, DC for the weekend to be with ES and her kids, hopefully I'll find some outfits down there.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP