"Will You Be My Bear?"

>> Tuesday, February 12, 2008

That's the question Medic Guy left on my cell phone after the Grammys. First of all, what bear? Second of all, how come everyone I've met move this fast? I'm not really experienced in dating, so I don't understand.

Medic Guy has been texting me all day yesterday telling me he wanted to come by again at night, and against my best judgment I said 'Yes'. I'm always cautious when people are moving too fast, when they don't know me that well. Do you really like me or you like the idea of having me as a boyfriend? But on the other hand, I really like the guy. So we are in my place, with me making Chicken Parmesan and him watching the Family Guy DVD set. I guess I have to blame myself for creating too much of a nurturing environment. We ate and I quizzed him on what is that he wants when we end up half naked on the bed yet again.

"Someone to share life with." He said. So this is not just sex. I guess I needed that to knock me upside the head. Then he followed with "What do you want?"

"I don't really know what I want right now. But you look very good." That's my now honest and official answer but the last part was true and not a line.

"I guess I can take that." He responded which surprised me.

We decided we would try to be boyfriends. The thought shocked us both. We haven't even met 48 hours ago. How did this happen? My life just got ten times more complicated but the idea of holding hands with him on the streets sounds very sweet, plus he has a huge... I mean a "great personality". So let's give this a try.

He texted and said he's gonna come by again tonight. I wonder how long it is until he gets tired of me. Maybe he just wanted someone to spend Valentine's day with... maybe I'm being too cynical and analytical.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP