Medic Guy and the Grammys

>> Monday, February 11, 2008

OK, so I'm a "Hooah" (Whore), what's new? Met Medic Guy online and we started chatting last week. Last night, he said his family has left him and went to dinner so he's all alone at his house. (No, he's not married) So I offer for him to come over and watch the Grammys with me. I told him I have been anticipating this for a while, and I'm not leaving my house for nothing.

Medic Guy is not only a medic, but he's the flying kind who jumps into a chopper and rescue people. I find honor in that. He also told me that there's paperwork proving that he's within a 100 people next to succeed the British throne. I've just met a pathological liar not long ago who bored me to death with his stories being a stage producer in Hollywood, having a Brazilian boyfriend with a 12-inch cock, one after another... but Medic Guy does not seemed to be lying.

So we laid in bed together with all of our clothes on, ordered a pizza and watched the Grammys. Medic Guy claimed that he's not a big music fan, but he recognizes tons of musicians from the past. This year's Grammys is very performance heavy and not a lot of awards given out live. I think it might be an active effort to reduce the long speeches. The performances are not really impressive either. The duet with a dead person thing that Alicia Keys and Frank Sinatra did was kinda tired. Jimmy Jam and Rihanna Medley wasn't that great either, although watching Rihanna in that dress looking like a kiwi bird reminded me of the Bjork swan fiasco at the Oscar. Cirque du soleil's performance was really impressive, both me and Medic Guy were impressed by the singing especially they weren't stars. Kanye West performed a touching rap about his dead mother. Tina Turner and Beyonce was ok. Andrea Bocelli and Josh Groban was quite superb, Medic Guy said a night in bed with Josh Groban would be a perfect birthday present, well Josh IS mighty cute. I'm just amazed that Fergie manage to have John Legend to play piano man for her and kept his mouth shut. Musically, she barely has the talent to be his background vocals for pete's sake.

By the time it's Amy's turn to perform, me and Medic Guy are already half naked in bed. (What's that no sex on the first date rule again?) He's a little too skinny for my taste, but what's too skinny? Amy's obviously inebriated, she barely managed to get through her songs looking all dazed and confused, pupils dilated, the whole lot. I find it disappointed and hilarious at the same time. Changed her lyrics to "my Blake"... who's in jail. Why does she has to be such a mess? And her acceptance on the Record of the Year award is just too classic. If the curse of the Best New Artist was true, I'm afraid we won't be seeing much of Amy from now on.

I think the award went to the right people, but the performance are kinda horrid. Do we have to do duets all the time? Must we do all the songs that have long been tired out? "Umbrella"? "Before He Cheats"? "Rehab"? Really? Don't they have other songs they can perform? Thank god the sex was good.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP