Weekend Meme: The Speed Dating Meme

>> Saturday, May 15, 2010



Lately I'm nurturing my new addiction in Yelping. I always enjoy eating out whenever I got a chance and being able to give my opinions about food afterwards is just extra fun. Before going to a place, it's also good to read reviews from others beforehand so you know if the place is any good and more importantly what to order. They do this thing where they condense the reviews and tell you what phrases are mentioned most often, "Chicken Liver Rigatoni..." (7 times), "Polpo Pizza" (11 times), now you know what got recommended the most. So for now, I'll try to write a review once a day of restaurants and service I've patronized.

The problem is though I'm not the kind of person to offer extreme boasts or extreme rants. When I fill out questionnaires, I lean towards the "somewhat agree/disagrees" than the "strongly agree/disagree". It seems that I can be quite reserved, or maybe overtly critical since I can always point out something wrong with everything. Just look at my movie rating system, rarely can I commit to a full "A". When does a discerning taste turn into over-critical? Maybe I'll have to look into this.

This week's meme comes from Sunday Stealing and its called the Speed Dating Meme, it's full of strange little questions that I may or may not be able to answer since I didn't grow up with some of those stuff but let's try it.

1. What's your favorite Dr. Seuss book?
Since I only know 5 of his books and not even read any of them, that's a hard choice. I guess I like How The Grinch Stole Christmas the most since I've seen two different movies of the story.

2. If you could live in any home on a television series, what would it be?
The house that the Baldwin family lived in during the first seasons look pretty sweet, access to the roof, a big swimming pool and an outdoor area and look at the kitchen!

3. What's the longest you've gone without sleep?
The longest without sleeping would probably be a 40 hours period when I go out all night and keep on playing until late.

4. What's your favorite Barry Manilow song?
I have heard of the Fanilows but I guess I'm not such a good gay after all. Copacabana?

5. Who's your favorite Muppet?
In France, I've seen the Fraggle Rock and loved the crystal sugar buildings. To circle one character to call my favorite, it's probably Kermit. He's a bit sad but apparently a good singer.

6. What's the habit you're proudest of breaking?
I generally like all my habits and I don't have much bad ones. Recently I've stop playing a lot of FaceBook games and it has saved me quite a bit of time and that's pretty good.

7. What's your favorite website?
Between Towleroad and Jo.My.God, they keep me informed on a lot of important news.

8. What's your favorite school supply?
Calculator. I can kill time by just calculating nonsense.

9. Who's your favorite TV attorney?
Shamefully, I've been watching me some Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime. I like the fantasy that some lawyers aim to do good.

10. What was your most recent trip of more than 50 miles?
New York City last Wednesday for a bit of shopping.

11. What's the best bargain you've ever found at a garage sale or junk shop?
I think it would be a lego set that we found in the AIDS Thrift Store. It originally cost $15 but we got it for 99 cents with extra stuff in it.

12. Where were you on September 11, 2001?
I got int he office late because I woke up and saw the clip of planes flying into the building thinking it was a movie trailer of some kind.

13. What's your favorite tree?
If it's not for the stinky gingko nuts, I would have loved the gingkos. Because of the accessibility, I would say it's dogwood right now because there are a lot of them on our street that look marvelous when they all flowers.

14. What's the most interesting biography you've read?
I don't read biographies. Though recently I've read the one of Stan Lee's and I'm tickled by his Where's Waldo cameos in superhero movies.

15. What do you order when you eat Chinese food?
Okay, for American Chinese food I go for 1) Chicken Corn Soup, 2) Fried Chicken Wings, 3) Barbecue Ribs, 4) Singapore Rice Noodles or Salted Fish and Chicken Fried Rice. Lots of Chicken, I know.

16. What's the best costume you've ever worn?
I think my handmade Ching Dynasty Chinese Vampire is my favorite, though the Colossus one this year involved a lot of tears and sweat.

17. What's your least favorite word?
I've never considered this question. You know how when your parents start liking something and it loses its appeal somewhat? Recently a commercial introduce something called "Financial Swagger". I also dislike the word "cheesesteak" because thinly sliced meat is not freakin' steak!

18. If you had to be named after one of the 50 states, which would it be?
Something with a "K" sound like Kansas, Arkansas, Kentucky, Nebraska or even Dakota. It sounds masculine to me.

19. Who's your favorite bear?
How do you answer this one? My boyfriend? Zak Spears? Or panda bears?

20. Describe something that's happened to you for which you have no explanation.
There are so many things that happened to me without explanations, where do I start? My Asian neighbor that I've mentioned earlier who was unexpolicably mean to me apologized one day, who knows why?

21. If you could travel anywhere in Africa, where would it be?
I heard good things about South Africa but what I want to see is probably the Pyramids and Botswana.

22. What did you have for lunch yesterday?
Leftover chicken noodle soup, the boyfriend and I are trying to just have soup all week to see if we can go on a liquid diet.

23. Where do you go for advice?
Online. There are no lack of people telling you their opinions.

24. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
I think I use the thesaurus a little more. Sometimes, I will forget how to say a word and I have to use a similar meaning words to look for it.

25. Have you ever been snorkeling? Scuba diving?
Neither and I don't think I would want to.

Anyhow, have a great weekend!

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP