Entertainment Round-Up (May 2010 Edition)

>> Thursday, May 20, 2010



There's a whole list of shows that will be canceled coming this fall:

The Wanda Sykes Show, The New Adventures Of Old Christine, Cold Case, Numbers, Miami Medical, Accidentally On Purpose, FlashForward, Better Off Ted, Scrubs, Happy Town, Romantically Challenged, Gary Unmarried, Heroes, Mercy, Trauma, Sons Of Tuscon, Past Life, Til Death
I have heard of probably less than half of them. I will probably miss Numbers even though it was on a slot that I have other things to watch. Scrubs should have been dead a few seasons ago. Sons of Tuscon was an awful idea for a show, so is Mercy, the copycat for Nurse Jackie. I liked Heroes, but I guess the story was too skewed for the sake of surprising the audience that it's a bit nonsensical now, though I do appreciate the special effects and it being different.

The last episode of Lost will be aired this Sunday, I think, but I have never seen a single episode of the series. I also haven't followed this season's American Idol, usually I'll tune in for the last few episode every season when the singing is bearable, just enough time to pick a favorite. Maybe it's the fact that they change judges or maybe it just got tired after a while, but I'm not watching it either. All I'm really tuning in for is United States of Tara, Nurse Jackie and perhaps Top Chef Masters. Though even in Top Chef Masters, I can't stand how stereotypical Chef Susur Lee is acting with his "Red is such a good Chinese color", "I've never seen a single episode of Simpsons" or "In our culture, we don't eat carrot cake." Occasionally, I'll watch Glee and it's not until today that I've learned Kevin McHale who's playing Artie in the wheelchair was actually one of the singer of a boy band called NLT (which stands for Not Like Them), my mind got blown after watching one of their video. I would have never guessed.



Obviously I'm mega-excited about True Blood coming back for a third season. I've read all of Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire Series and I'm reading the newest ones so I know most of the stories but I like how Alan Ball make those little changes that keep things fresh and interesting. I'm also very excited about Alcide the Werewolf getting introduced this coming season and played by very hunky Joe Manganiello. I guess the audience will be treated by another half naked hunk.



Movie-wise, I have some inkling to see Prince of Persia because I was a fan of the video game franchise and Jake "Yil-En-HOO-Le-Hay" Gyllenhaal, even though not quite my type, is not that hard on the eyes either. I'm also intrigued by Sex and the City 2. Yes, I've watched the entire series and developed feelings for the show. And even though the ladies, especially Sarah Jessica Parker and Kim Cattrall are getting rapidly older, I still want to follow through. After all, it's a gay man's story in heterosexual form. Of course, flashing scenes of sexy men in their full monty doesn't hurt either. The boyfriend wants to see a French film called Micmacs, which is directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet who also directed Delicatessen and Amelie, I'm sure it will be very interesting.

Music-wise, I'm looking forward to hear Janelle Monae's sophomore album Archandroid and Christina Aguilera's coming up album Bionic. Even Asian YouTube celeb David Choice has came up with his second album and a neat video to go with it. Enjoy.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP