Last Post of 2007

>> Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year Everyone!

Deborah Cox came to Philly for a special appearance at Pure. So last night me and my benny-friend RR decided to go and see her. Before that we stopped by a party hosted by one of his hag, lots of food, lots of people, lots of booze. It was a nice party. Most people who are there are older folks who lived next doors. Seemingly successful people too. A writer/local news anchor, a major nationwide food distributor, a very young, attractive girl who's a microbiologist.

So after the party we went back to his place to drop off his car and took a cab to the nightclub venue. We arrived around 11:30 and waited around for the show to start. I haven't been to Pure since it has become Pure. The space is quite nice. Since it is handled as a private club, they can open and serve liquor until the early mornings at 8 am and smoking is allowed. The show was supposed to start around 12:45, but it didn't start until an hour later. I went to the bathroom while I wait and found it very odd in which the urinals are in the middle of the room and people have to pee face-to-face. (Haha)

RR saw some friends and started dancing with them, I found a spot around the subwoofer and found it very stimulating. After a while we went up to the balcony and got ready for the show. It was supposed to start around 12:45 but it actually didn't start until an hour later. RR can't stop jumping up and down, with his small stature it really looked kinda funny.

Deborah Cox finally came out and did a 30-minute set: "Things Just Ain't The Same", "Up and Down (In and Out)", "House is Not a Home", and "Who Do You Love". And she came back for an encore with "Nobody's Supposed to be Here" and "Absolutely Not". I swore she looked at me during one of her songs. I went berserk when she did "Nobody's Supposed to be Here", I find myself jumping up and down like RR, waving my hands around, singing along and shouting "Oh my god!". I just can't believe my luck see her in person singing my favorite song of hers. Well, the whole club was pretty much doing the same, so I guess I'm less embarrassed. It was well worth the wait.

After she performed, RR and I decided to leave, but they weren't letting us go until Deborah got in her car. After we got out I saw her in her car and I still can't believe I'm so close to a celebrity. I was a dork and I actually bought some of her CDs the day before and hidden in my coat's pocket with a marker just in case I can get an autograph. (How old am I now...?) I walked back right next to her car and asked her bodyguard whether I can get them signed. He gave me a calm 'no.' and I left. (betch) And I'm kicking myself all the way home for not just knocking on her window and ask her myself. All the way, I keep saying to myself "You have to fight for what you want."

I had a great time still.




  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP