DesignerGuy

>> Monday, December 03, 2007

This morning while I was walking to work, the block surrounding my office building was blocked because someone found a device in a nearby mailbox which they suspect might be a bomb. I called my boss and he told me to go home until he calls me back. It's not the first time things like this happened, since the district attorney's office is right around the corner and things like this usually turns out to be nothing, so I was most pleasantly surprised to find out that I can spent some time outside of the office. I desperately wanted a haircut during the weekend, but not desperate enough to actually walk out the door. So I'm quite thrilled to get the extra time. Maybe I'll start buying $5 watches from the street, wrap it around a brick and dump it into mailboxes around my work. It's way worth it.

As I was saying, the weekend was quite uneventful other than the date I had on Saturday night. In the spirit of my fellow bloggers, let's call this one DesignerGuy. I don't know why, but lately I have met couple of people online that seems to be very well off. Or maybe I'm just retarded in handling my finance, I usually blow money on useless stuff, I really should reexamine my finance and make a plan for my future. Anyway, DesignerGuy is a breed of gays that I haven't acquainted myself with before. I do not mean to stereotype or put people in different categories, but I wouldn't in a million years think that he'll be interested in me.

I have seen DesignerGuy's profile and he stated he likes Asian guys, but he's a bit on the pretty side and usually when someone says they like Asian guys, they mean they like those skinny, smooth, petit fem-bot type and I'm so not that. If I haven't described myself before let me do a bit of that right now. I'm 6 ft tall big, semi-hairy guy, with a full beard. I'm aspired to be a bear, a muscle bear if I have the choice but lately I realized that it is not so much of a choice. I've been described to be sweet, I am a people pleaser and since I've been going out much more, I have heard more people saying that I'm "Handsome", which is starting to boost my confident.

Well, DesignerGuy is a gym bunny type. He's blond, good looking, fit. So when I saw him on the street, I was pretty sure he won't be interested, since I'm not in shape like he is. So I looked away immediately, I usually avoid eye contact when I'm on the street, just minding my own business. That's what my family taught me anyway, it's an Asian "Don't want any trouble" mentality. He must have recognized me as well and sent me an email afterwards and we started chatting. Somehow he thought I was the one who wasn't interested.

I don't think I ever dated a gym bunny before, or anyone blond for that matter. I usually go for the tall, dark and handsome type. I usually like guys taller and thicker than me. As big as I am I'm still looking for protection, someone who can make me feel safe and stable. My friend describe my type to be "Gentle Giants", and I think it is quite accurate. DesignerGuy is not that, but I'm giving it a try because "how would I know I don't like it if I've never tried?"

He asked me to meet him at his place around 8pm, he only lives two block away from me but I left home a bit earlier because I was nervous. I was so nervous that I went to buy a chapstick for my dry lips and I hate chapsticks and moisturizers. His place was really well decorated as I expect it would be. Made some small talk, we planned to go out for dinner but we didn't make it out the door until 10pm. I swear I didn't initiated it, I'm not that kind of a girl. Hehe. DesignerGuy is not bony, you can see his muscle definition and all, but I haven't seen that small of a waist in an adult naked men before.

People who says they "like Asian" usually are older folks who are looking for a submissive partner, someone who's not as educated as them so they can impart their knowledge to their partner. They want to feel superior. They have a set of rules or a way of living set in stones and want their partner to follow those rules. Or they are broken in some way and thinks that those nice Asian boys wouldn't mind. I can see traces of these mentalities in my conversation with DesignerGuy. But it might just be because I'm prejudice myself. Don't get me wrong, I might still see him but I don't find that I have a lot in common with him and I already heard some disappointments in his voice when he finds out that I don't fit a lot of traditional stereotypes. Oh well, maybe we'll become fuck buddies. Who knows?

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP