Free Food Tastes Better

>> Thursday, July 29, 2010



I have been having free meals pretty much all week for the past 7-8 days and I'm quite enjoying it. Since past Wednesday, I have been treated to meals from my very good friends. A Japanese sushi buffet on Wednesday at a place called Tokyo Hibachi and Sushi Buffet that is relatively close to my place and with an awesome selection of sashimi and sushi at a relatively low price. Lunch with an old colleague and her daughter at a Korean place that's nice enough and they have these nice metal chopsticks that tempted and satisfied my kleptomania. Dinner with my straizian friends that treated me to an expensive restaurant of my choice but served really small portion food that satisfied more of my curiosity than my hunger. Then a lavish Italian meal that keep busing out plates after plates of food, that leave us stuffed and horrified. I was treated to all of them and plus all the booze we drank, the bills came a little too high and left me feel a bit guilty. On the weekend, the more-than-considerate boyfriend bought me groceries for the week so I'm eating free food all week, which is especially great for this unemployed slob.

Recapping some of the oversalted, overpriced, underportioned food:











During Summer there are plenty of discounted activities in Philadelphia like Restaurant Week or University City Dining Days that offer discounts. Websites like Groupon and Frugal Foodist also list their discount findings on their site for people to browse. Just yesterday, the new Cooking Network is having a promo and hauled an ice cream truck around to give out samples and promote their network.

Today, the boyfriend found out the creperie within Reading Terminal Market is giving out free sweet crepe. Even though there is no signs anywhere indicating this, me along with 4 friends all got free crepes. Chain Italian restaurant Buca di Beppo is having a free lasagna day that gives out a lunch portion of lasagna with any entree or pasta, plus since it's within 7 days of my birthday, I got a free brownie ice cream sundae. Also there's a $10 off coupon in the papers, so it works out really, really well for me.

A friend also has a pair of free prescreening tickets for Scott Pilgrim versus The World, so I guess I'll get to see a movie that I wanted to see ahead of its release time for free. Not all the time but sometimes, sometimes everything comes up roses.


Free food taste better!

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP