Weekend Meme: The Movie Quotes Meme

>> Saturday, July 18, 2009

Since I'm finishing up QFest with 4 movies between today and tomorrow, I guess a movie meme would be appropriate.

Today's meme is brought to you by the awesome meme bank of Kapgar. Here’s how it works, should you decide to participate:

* Pick 15 of your favorite movies
* Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie or quote from memory
* Post them on your blog for everyone to guess
* Fill in the film title once it’s been guessed

These are your rules to play:

* No Googling or using IMDB search functions (Don’t cheat!)
* Leave your answer(s) in the comments


1. I love that word "relationship." Covers all manner of sins, doesn't it? I fear that this has become a bad relationship; a relationship based on the President taking exactly what he wants and casually ignoring all those things that really matter to, erm... Britain.

2. Now you just remember I won a year's supply of toilet freshener for making up that poem. That took brains and artistry, that did.

3. Only two kinds of daughter: obedient or follow-own-mind. Only one kind of daughter could live in this house: obedient kind.

4. Fox as we're a bunch of foxy chicks. Force as we're a force to be reckoned with. Five as there's one ... two ... three ... four ... five of us.

5. Mustn't go that way! Mustn't hurt the Precious!

6. This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

7. Memory can change the shape of a room; it can change the color of a car. And memories can be distorted. They're just an interpretation, they're not a record, and they're irrelevant if you have the facts.

8. If you kill him, He wins.

9. (One of the characters) got me invested in some kind of fruit company. So then I got a call from him, saying we don't have to worry about money no more.

10. Dozens of them. Armed to the teeth. I'm outnumbered. Outgunned. But the alley is crooked, dark, and very narrow. They can't surround me.

11. She wanted me to tell you she saw you dance. She said, when you were little, you and her had a fight, right before your dance recital. You thought she didn't come see you dance. She did. She hid in the back so you wouldn't see. She said you were like an angel.

12. I figure fuck it, while I'm at it why not just shoot my buddy, take his job, give it to his sworn enemy, hike up gas prices, bomb a village, club a baby seal, hit the hash pipe and join the National Guard? I could be elected president.

13. We want you to give us this day, our daily bread. And to the republic for which it stands, and by the power invested in me, I pronounce us ready to eat. Amen.

14. Really. And, one day not long from now, my looks will go, they will discover I can't act and I will become some sad middle-aged woman who looks a bit like someone who was famous for a while.

15. What kind of girl do you think I am?

I don't necessarily know if these movies are my top favorite but at the very least I'm sure that I like them. Most of them are painfully obvious because I select quotes that I, myself, remember, the obscure ones are probably all gay films. So i hope you'll have fun guessing. I'll post the answers in a few days.

Have a great weekend.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP