Weekend Meme: The Beach Meme

>> Saturday, August 21, 2010



So Summer is almost over, not the heat or the season per se but the vacation season that everyone agreed upon. I've been invited to a few "end of summer" barbecues from people that I'm not really familiar with, so I guess I won't go. A friend is flying to Hawaii to attend his sister's wedding, others traveled around the other side of the country and others have summer homes near the beach. I'm a little jealous. I don't remember being at the beach this season yet and I do want to go even I'm quite out of shape.

Today's meme is all about the beach, brought to you from The Queen's Meme, simple 11 questions. Enjoy Summer while you can!

1. When is the last time you saw the ocean?
Wow, I think it has been a long while, sometimes late last summer? I went to the beach in a dreary day and there wasn't many people. It got some windy and cold that I've to leave not long after.

2. Where is your favorite stretch of beach shoreline?
It's probably Miami Beach, I spent some time enjoying the sun down there.

3. Are you planning a beach vacation this year?
I guess not this year since summer is almost over.

4. (Girls) Bikinis or one-piece? (Guys) Trunks or speedos?
In Asia and Europe, we wore speedos and thought nothing of it, but US is very sexually charged and one would be teased if they're wearing speedos. So if I decide to swim, I'd be wearing trunks.

5. Do you sunbathe or sit under an umbrella?
Sunbathe.

6. Have you ever been to a nude beach?
Yes, quite a few. Gunnison Beach, FL, Sandy Hook, NJ, Black's Beach, CA.

7. Favorite activity at the beach while on vacation?
Just walking down the length of it, feeling the water washing up my feet.

8. Condo, hotel or cottage rental?
Hotel, unless there are cheap and nice condos with a kitchen.

9. What beach in the whole wide world would you like to visit for the first time?
I have heard crazy good things about Gold Coast near Brisbane Australia. I reckon there must be quite an experience going there.

10. Did you ever have a special romantic time at the beach?
I think whenever I walk on the beach, it's a special romantic time I have with myself.

11. Tell us about a favorite beach memory.
When I was around 5 or 6, my mom brought me to Nice in southern France around Bastille day and they were shooting fireworks into the sky by the shore. My mom and I were sitting on the beach watching the fireworks but I was scared that the falling fireballs will burn me alive.

Anyway. get to the beach if you can and enjoy your weekend!

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP