Blacklisted Songs

>> Sunday, August 15, 2010

Simon Cowell is bringing X-Factor to the US this coming September and apparently there's a list of songs that he had listened to over and over again for the past 9 years and he's forbidding upcoming contestants to perform and here they are:

Kings Of Leon - "Sex On Fire"
Jason Mraz - "I'm Yours"
Paolo Nutini - "Last Request"
Paolo Nutini - "New Shoes"
Eva Cassidy - "Songbird"
Snow Patrol - "Chasing Cars"

Music blog Reality Rocks has compiled there own list of songs they don't want to hear on these shows as well.

Phil Collins - "Against All Odds"
Bill Withers - "Ain't No Sunshine"



Jennifer Holliday - "And I Am Telling You, I'm Not Going"
Elton John - "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me"
Nina Simone - "Feeling Good"



Leonard Cohen - "Hallelujah"
R. Kelly - "I Believe I Can Fly"
Gavin DeGraw - "I Don't Want To Be"
Aerosmith - "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing"
John Lennon - "Imagine"
Seal - "Kiss From A Rose"
The Beatles - "Let It Be"
Janis Joplin - "Piece Of My Heart"
Judy Garland - "Somewhere Over The Rainbow"
The Righteous Brothers - "Unchained Melody"
Anything by Heart or by Whitney Houston

A lot of these songs are boring and can't show the singer's range, and I guess a lot of people fail at the more difficult songs like Jennifer Holliday's "And I Am Telling You, I'm Not Going". Frankly I'm tired of these reality competition shows anyway.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP