>> Saturday, February 06, 2010
A heavy blizzard was forecasted for our area a few days a go and the whole town went crazy. People rushed the market to stock up on groceries for the snow and partly for the Superbowl as well. Philadelphia was said to have 12 to 20 inches of snow and more around the Washington area.
Today's meme is brought to you from The Queen's Meme for a snowy day.
1. An unexpected blizzard occurs. The power goes out for 10 days. There is no food in the house, no gas in the car, no heat, no TV, no computer, nada! You are snowed in and can't get to the store for supplies. How would you survive? How would you get out of this mess?
No TV? I won't! Can I really survive with no food and no gas for 10 days? What? Eating leather?
2. Tell us about your last snowball fight.
My last snowball fight I must have been 7, we build forts on a sidewalk and threw snowballs while wearing ski masks.
3. You have been asked to make a snowman. What is his name?
4. I have mountains of snow outside my door. I would like to make snow soup. What is the recipe?
Since snow is water, it depends on how you want it to taste, wouldn't it? How about... 1 can of azuki beans mixed with 4 cups of snow and 1/2 cup of condensed milk. You can add some green tea in it for extra soupy taste.
5. It is Day 5 of the Big Blog Blizzard. You have been hunkered down for a very long time and in danger of losing your sanity. Your blog neighbors (that would be us) come callin' to see if you're OK. We peek in the window. What do we see? What are you doing in there?
Well, if there's really no food and TV, there's not much I can do. I wish there are books that I can read, a deck of cards and maybe a boardgame or two. I can lose myself in a book and forget most of the other things around me.
6. Who is the flakiest snowflake in your life?
Past or present.
One of my ex-boyfriends that made a lot of promises he can't keep. Setting up dates and flake out at the last minute or call afterwards to apologize he has forgotten. That kind of stuff.
7. You are Snow White. Which dwarf is your favorite and why?
Probably Doc, he seems to be reliable, helpful and he should be pretty well off with his medical practice.
8. What is the most fun you've ever had inside during a snowstorm?
Drinking cocoa and sex!
9. What was Jack Frost nipping at?
I think the first place that I feel cold is the back of my neck.
10. Due to blobal warming (that's blog + global for all you non-blog speakers) your snowman has prematurely melted. What was his last request?
To bring him back to life next year.
Anyway, have a great weekend and stay warm!