Real And Fake Superbowl Ads

>> Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Superbowl is this Sunday. I have to say I was never a big fan, I've never followed football and I don't even know who's in the finals. I've tried to watch one for the mid-time show a few years ago, but I put it on and went to wash my dishes, missing the whole Janet wardrobe malfunction kerfuffle. Of course, it didn't prevent the whole thing to be played 50 times afterwards.

Of course, the Superbowl are known for their high ratings and with that there are high quality advertising. It got to a point where companies are fighting over the limited ad spots. There are classic TV ads that comes from the Superbowl, unfortunately this high time of male bonding is also a plateau for homophobia, at the same time it's also a high time of sports gambling and domestic abuse.

To counter the traditional homophobic messages in some of the ads, activists have been trying to get some gay-friendly ads to be put along the program though there are no really high quality contenders.


This ad was rejected a few years ago, probably because it was gay-friendly and doesn't go with football culture.


A Go-Daddy ad rejected this year. I think there's good reason to reject this one. It wouldn't appeal to anyone.


This is another rejected one from a dating site called ManCrunch. Never heard of the site before and it doesn't make me want to go running and register for it either.


A fake ad from National Lampoon, now this one is funny. Though god knows how much they'd have to pay for running a 5-minute ad.


Not gay, but it's a nice ad from Bud Light. Just wish they had a few muscular hot guy in it. Though that might be considered too gay if any of them are attractive.


Anyhow, that's all I've got.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP