Weekend Meme: The Food Meme

>> Saturday, June 27, 2009


Orange-braised Pork Shoulder over Black Bean Stew at Chez YvesPaul

This week has pretty much been a food week for me. I know I should be on a diet and I am limiting my carb intake, but I'll double my efforts next week. As seen from above is a dish I've recreated from a restaurant in South Philly called La Cantina. It's braised pork shoulder on top of a black bean stew with pork rinds on the side and salsa fresca on top, you can hear the pork rinds crackle as it touches moisture, so it's a musical dish from more than one way. It doesn't taste nearly the same as the original, but it was nice nonetheless. I also bought some pretentious white plates from Ikea to show off my food. lol. Just went to Atlantic City and had a nice meal in a nice restaurant, I've also got a party tonight to go to that will involve a lot of drinking and maybe some seafood pizzas from a nearby place that serves gourmet pizzas.

Since it has been a food week, it's just fitting to do a food meme. This one here I found it in the old post of Kevin over at Kapgar.

The Food Meme

How do you like your eggs?
Sunny side up. the mostly raw egg yolk goes well with everything.

How do you take your coffee/tea?
I like my coffee and tea with cream and sugar, iced or otherwise. Unless it's hot weather, than I'll have my tea iced with lemon and sugar.

What are your favorite breakfast foods?
Sunny side up eggs with buttered toast and turkey sausage or bangers. Good home fries would be nice too.

Peanut butter: smooth or crunchy?
Depends on what I use it for, to cook and make french toast usually smooth. On toast or satay sauce, crunchy.

What kind of dressing on your salad?
Hmm... I take all kinds. My favorite would probably be Newman's Tuscan Italian or his Olive Oil & Vinegar. Blue cheese, ranch, asian sesame, french, they would all work.

Coke or Pepsi?
I like the taste of regular Coke and diet Pepsi. But I wouldn't mind diet Coke too much. I also like Coke Cherry Zero.

You're feeling lazy. What do you make?
Instant noodles. Salad if I have the stuff.

You're feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order?
Pizza, it's pineapple, sausage, mushroom, onion. Or ranch chicken. A simple slice of mushroom would work too.

You feel like cooking. What do you make?
What wouldn't I make? It really depends on my mood but maybe a steak with my own garlic-lemon pasta.

Do any foods bring back good memories?
Chinese banquet food does lift my spirit.

Do any foods bring back bad memories?
Not that I know of, some people like me associate food with love so it shouldn't invoke any bad memories.

Do any foods remind you of someone?
My grandma makes a Chinese caramelized shrimp that I have not yet tasted anywhere else but home. I'd love to get her recipe but she's always a pinch of that and a dash of this. I'll have to film her do it if I go back.

Is there a food you refuse to eat?
Not really. I just know I dislike sea urchin and dried oyster, but I don't think I'd refuse.

What was your favorite food as a child?
Fried chicken legs or anything drumstick shaped. My grandma would roll instant noodles up into the shape of a drumstick just to make me eat it.

Is there a food that you hated as a child but now love?
Smelly food in general have that effect on me. Durian for one, I don't exactly love it but I don't mind it and I savor the rare opportunity to eat it. A street food called stinky tofu which you can smell it from a block away, they're fermented and boy do they smell. Condiments like shrimp paste and other fermented stuff.

Is there a food that you loved as a child but now hate?
I don't hate food much as you can tell, I use to love minty candies when I was a kid and coffee when I was a teenager, but now I'm really not as enthusiastic about them as I was. I use to drink coffee any chance I get, now it's almost once a month or less.


So that's the meme. Have a good weekend!

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP