Weekend Meme: X'Mas Shopping Meme

>> Saturday, December 19, 2009



A snow storm is approaching Philadelphia. If weather.com was right, I will see a blanket of snow when I open up my curtains and it will continue to snow until sometime around Sunday noon. Christmas is also approaching, so in preparation to these events. I went out for a shopping day yesterday for foods and gifts.

I wasn't in the greatest moods to start with and then after being woken up from another ruckus, I headed out to post my X'mas cards which undoubtedly will be late on arrival. Lined up for 20 minutes and got a postal service lady who was quite rude. A store at the mall ran out of an item that I need. After a giant bowl of Pho, I went to shop for produce where another cashier lady was being very rude and dropped the basket of produce I was buying, I've yet to decide whether she did it intentionally or not. Headed to Brookstone to look fro another item, where the schmuck salesman decided to tell me that they don;t have it in store and good luck finding it. At last, at the department store some guys just decided to jump the line and walk straight to the counter ignoring people who were waiting, so I stepped up and told him there was a line. The guy backed off and the cashier lady called me sugar and told me to relax. Relax... easier said than done.

I was rushing but I didn't think I was tense, I didn't even think I was irritated, I just had a strong urge to finish everything so I can go home and relax. At the end, I have finished all my Christmas shopping, I have got my heavy coat back from the dry cleaners, I have enough groceries to last me until possibly Monday and when I got home my door was ajar, thank god no one got in and stole anything. So, I was really rushing.

Found this meme at Mommablogsalot"

1. Have you started your Christmas shopping?
Oh unless I got a present from someone I didn't expect, I'm done!

2. Tell me about one of your special traditions.
Every year, I travel to NYC to the Moma store and browse their creatively unique selections of X'mas cards. Then I buy a few boxes and send them out to friends and family.

3. When do you put up your Tree?
I don't.

4. Are you a Black Friday shopper?
No, I'm not but this year I was tempted.

5. Do you Travel at Christmas or Stay home?
I stay at home, it's probably the craziest time to travel, no?

6. What is your funniest Christmas memory?
Not a lot of funny X'Mas memories.

7. What is your favorite Christmas Movie of All time?
Home Alone, though I cried a little watching Home Alone 2 when Kevin gave that pigeon lady one of the two turtle doves.



8. Do you do your own Christmas Baking, what’s your favorite treat?
I like to bake and I love yule logs.

9. Fake or Real Tree?
Though nothing looks as good as a real tree, I have a problem chopping a tree down every year just for X'mas. Real trees are messy and hard to maintain. Also hard to hang stuff on.



10. What day (as a Mom) does the actual panic set in to get it all done?
I guess it was yesterday.

11. Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas Eve?
Oh, no. Usually I'd have it done at least the day before.

12. What is your favorite family fun time at Christmas?
Getting presents. Usually I don't get much from the Grams, but my uncle would give me money.

13. What Christmas craft do you like the best?
As a kid, I used to cut some papers and make the folded garlands.

14. Christmas music?
Sure, I like them in moderation and reinterpretations are always welcomed.



15. When do you plan to finish all your shopping?
Like I said, if no one gave me a surprise present, I think I'm done.

Have a great weekend!

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP