PSP Revelation

>> Tuesday, March 11, 2008


I finally caved in and bought myself a PSP. I swore I wouldn't, I told DC not to get me one the X'mas before last because I know that it will consume all my time. But I got one anyway, which I took it as a bad sign because I really shouldn't have that much free time since I just got myself a new boyfriend. But that topic would need to be reserved for another post.

SL is a kid 10 years younger than me who really, really wants me. But as flattering as it is, he is 10 years my junior, skinny as hell and I don't want to feel like a pedophile. The whole mentioning about SL is because he lives in NYC and we hung out the weekend before last, going to Mitsuwa yet again, I just friggin' love that place, and as we were en route to Mitsuwa he was playing with his PSP. One of my guilty pleasures is strategic computer games; I love RPGs, MMORPGs, tactics... etc, and one of the common interests I have with SL is Yu-Gi-Oh!

I should really feel ashamed, since I'm 30-something now and I can't possibly waste my time on games. I should be obsessing about the stock market, plans for my retirement and such, but no, no inkling on those life-changing topics but games. Yup, I'm still spending money on things that doesn't matter, investing time into voids. Well, since I got the game on Sunday afternoon, I have spent at least 16 hours on it learning the rules and such. I took yesterday off from work, partly because there's an overwhelming feel of sadness around the topic of Medic Guy, I'm coughing, I don't like being at my job and because I got a new toy.

Last night, while staying up until 2am playing my PSP, I kinda have a revelation about how a waste of time games are. I hope it will inspire me to quit them and do something else more productive, like knitting or something else that I have something to show for. I wish I have learned that lesson before I spent $3-400 on it.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP