I'm a Hateful S.O.B.

>> Wednesday, November 28, 2007

In the beginning of my green card application process, my exboss told me that he's (or the company is) going to pay for the expenses. I offered to pay for it, because it is important to me, but he reassured me that the company is going to do that.

So yesterday morning I received and Email forwarded to me from my eboss saying that we still owe the lawyer $3,000 and we should discuss this when he gets in. "What is there to discuss?" I replied. So when he got in around 2pm, he summoned me to the meeting room and told me that there aren't anymore funding for the application and ask if i can pay for it. "Huh? What?" I got my green card back in July and haven't old him about it yet. So I guess he was trying to say "If you want your green card, you better pay for it yourself." From the same folks who promised me $6,000 consulting fee with another firm and pretended they never said anything like that after I fulfilled my duties. I wonder how much it would take for me to really start looking for another job.

Of course, I told them I don't have $3,000 to give and although the service is for me, the contract is between the lawyer and the company. (I got my stuff, see ya.) Then they say they'll try to work out a payment plan with the lawyer. (Good luck with that too.) There were rumors out there that our company will be closed in a few months. I wonder if I should stay for the severance and unemployment or just get the heck out. After all, they could fire me the day before the company closed so that they don't have to give me a severance.

I really don't hate my job, I just hate the people I work for. Those selfish, conniving bastards who don't have money for my green card applications, but have money for their consulting friends who do nothing and a trip for eight to a conference to Chile. Now I understand why people bring their shotguns to their post office jobs. I can be vengeful too, but I'm so much smarter that I can execute karma in a much more elegant way.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP