Santa Saturday

>> Monday, November 26, 2007


Borrowed from Joe.My.God

So Thanksgiving is quite uneventful for me since I'm single I pretty much won't have a chance to cook turkey. I did some light shopping Friday, Macy's didn't really have as big a discount as I hoped. I'm still having some difficulty deciding what to get my friends for X'mas, I guess clothing would be the most conventional thing or maybe an architectural coffee table book?

These few days, AL has been telling me about Santa Saturday, a fund raising event happening in New Hope, PA where tons of gay men who's into the leather and the bear scene attends. I have seen troops of bikers delivering toys to the Children's Hospital around X'mas, so I thought this might be where they get the toys but I wasn't too sure. Since AL is in between moving, he didn't think that he'll be able to go. Another online friend was also trying to persuade me to go to that event, he added that it can be really fun since people can loose and wild after a few drink and he had heard stories about people actually doing it in the parking lots. (It actually sounded more like he had done it himself) That bit of information did sway me a bit, but I don't know how to drive so there was no way for me to go there and the weather was gonna be freezing cold, so I thought no one would be there and there wouldn't be much flesh to be seen. Fastforward to 1:30pm Saturday afternoon when AL called and asked me to be ready in 20 minutes 'Coz we're going'.

So AL and JH drove all the way to New Hope and found 2000 bears trotting about the Raven, a nice size bar with capacity for around 200 people, there were tents in the yard and all but it was so crowded and hard to move about. I have never seen so many gay men in one place before and 90% of them were bears. When I say bears, you have to understand it doesn't mean fat hairy people. There are also plenty of great looking hunky muscle bears there, it was quite overwhelming for me though, in a good way I guess. Although I find it is not so welcoming for Asians in the American gay circle, plus there are tons of guys with attitude just like any gay bars.

After two strong drinks, I was pretty buzzed. I tried to meet and greet the other few Asians in the crowd to find some comradery, but they acted like I was coming onto them which cannot be further from the case. Although later I got hugged and squeezed by this attractive muscle dude, by I was too shy to take it further and backed away. And AL got a comment from a friend who says he loves Gaysians and I'm the only Gaysian amongst us.

We left around 5pm and went to the McDonald's across the street to get some food because we were starving. AL just had a drink and he's the designated driver, I really applaud how he can hold back and be the sane one, while JH was obviously drunk out of his mind and insisted he should be the one driving, then proceed to make crank calls to his friends. Anyway, I did have a pretty good time. Too bad that's the only bear event around my neck of the wood.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP