The Feeling About L.A.

>> Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I finally got a chance to visit Los Angeles. Took a train up Monday morning, did the tourist thing and went to Hollywood Boulevard, the avenue of the stars and the Chinese Theatre to look at the hand and foot prints. Then a tour of the city, the hills and the beaches. I only have two days for LA, so I was trying to get the most out of it. Everything is so spread out, I couldn't really live there since I don't know how to drive. Feel like I spent a lot of time waiting for the bus and being on them.

I also went to the WB lot, and it was nice to see where some films and TV shows are filmed, especially since I watch that much TV. Got tickets to go to the MadTv taping, but the guy says I'll need to put my bags, cell phone and camera away and I din't have a place to store them so I didn't end up going. I was quite disappointed since I'm a big fan.

Being in the south and seeing that many Latinos everywhere reminds me of Principe a lot. I wish he could be with me. He always wanted to see Hollywood in person. It's sad that he is so far away. Every now and then I'll see something that reminds me of him. The hand and foot print of Cantinflas, the star of Donald Trump... One of my questions for the concierge is to find an Argentinean restaurant. As I was sitting in the train station waiting for my train back to San Diego, I suddenly realized that I forgot to get Principe a souvenir, so I rushed back to the Chinese Theatre. It does me no good to scratch my scab, but I can't will it away. L.A. was fun, but it is not for me. Same thing could be said about Principe.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP