Waking Up at the Wrong Side of the Bed

>> Thursday, February 01, 2007

Principe is a Yin person, he's always cold, has a history of low blood pressure. Although you would never know if you just look at him. He's been gaining weight though, and he blames it on me and my cooking. His stomach IS getting bigger, which leads to a lower back problem because he has to adjust his body to the change of gravity. His work does not require him to do anything too physical, and with the long hours he has to be at work it doesn't allow him to go exercising, so that doesn't help either.

I'm a Yang person, I'm always hot, prone to nose bleed. We only have one window over at Principe's side of the bed. And I'd like to have it open even in this bitter cold weather just because there's a heater underneath it and when it decides to work, it makes the whole apartment hot as an oven. It dries both of us up so bad that usually wakes me up at night. If I don't happen to wake up at night, I'll feel like being half mummified. It is such an uncomfortable feeling, it's awful.

So last night, Principe and I decided to switch sides. That allows me to be nearer to the window, while he can stay warmer on the other side. It didn't work. After 5 years of sleeping together side by side, we are too used to our original positions. I stayed up most of the night and I don't think he got much sleep either. I was a bit surprised though, given I used to sleep on his side of the bed when I'm with my ex. I guess the older one gets, the harder it is to accept change. "You can't teach an old dog a new trick."

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP