Weekend Meme: Thanksgiving Food Meme

>> Saturday, November 20, 2010



There won't be a turkey or any cranberry sauce for me this year. I'm a little bummed but I guess it's not gonna be too important.

1. What are the traditional favorites?
Turkey and cranberry sauce, it's a good combination.

2. What new recipes will you try this year?
A cauliflower gratin and a dressing with chestnuts.

3. What part of the meal do you never compromise?
I rarely give up desserts for other people to make, but there's a first for everything.

4. Who gets to carve the turkey?
I usually do, but it's not a tradition for me or something that I particularly enjoy doing.

5. Family style around the table or buffet style and everyone sits wherever there’s room?
I'm fine either way but there's something about sitting around the table as a family that brings people closer together as a group.

6. How many will be at your table this year?
About 20, though people might brings friends and extras.

7. Three best pies for Thanksgiving dessert?
Apple, pumpkin and pecan. They are more fitting for thanksgiving but I don't particularly enjoy pumpkin or pecan. My favorite pie is banana cream, but that doesn't have anything to do with any holidays.

8. Cranberry sauce… yay or nay?
Yay with turkey. There's something about a chunk of cranberry sauce with the grooves from the can that add a bit of decadent trashiness to the whole thing.

9. What time do you eat Thanksgiving Dinner?
I usually have a problem eating holiday meals in late afternoon. This year for me will be 8pm.

10. Favorite leftover?
Any leftovers are good leftovers. After cooking a big meal, I'd like to have enough food around so I don't have to cook anytime too soon.

Have a great weekend!

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP