Weekend Meme: George Carlin Meme

>> Saturday, April 10, 2010



This week has been really warm. Wednesday and Thursday had been in the high 80s and the heat get trapped in the buildings, subsequently trees had been pollinating and even with my mild allergy, I've been sneezing and my eyes itching like crazy, not a great sight. They are calling it the worst allergy season ever, my Facebook page had been full of messages about allergies as well so it's not just me.

I'm glad it's cooling back down. I hate the heat and honestly I'm already looking forward to Fall and we're only getting to mid April. Six more months to go. Today's meme is from What If This Is As Good As It Gets. They are all quotes and questions inspired by George Carlin's stand up show.

1. Why do they ask you to get on the plane? Shouldn't you get in it? When was your last flight?

The last flight I was on is probably the one from San Francisco back to Philadelphia. I was in San Francisco visiting friends and attending Folsom Street Fair. Great experience, I'm looking forward to doing that again soon.

2. Why do they call two planes getting too close a near miss? Shouldn't it be a near hit? Have you ever been on a plane that was in trouble?

I do like flying, every time my heart flutters to the excitement of flying up in the air and landing at my destination. It's like a roller coaster ride. I still get nervous anticipating the landing, though I have not had experienced much trouble. The only trouble I've had was a flight attendant demanding me unplugging my headphones but that's small peas.

3. If a mute swears, does his mother wash his hands with soap? What have you done when your child swore?

I actually do get annoyed by obnoxious children and teenagers if they swear, though it's a bit hypocritical since I don't find there's anything wrong with swearing.

4. How about a restaurant for anorexics? What would you call it? The Empty Plate? When was the last time you went out to a fancy restaurant?

A fancy restaurant? That's hard to define. I did go to a nice restaurant by one of the Iron Chef yesterday for lunch but it's not really fancy. For Valentine's Day me and the boyfriend went to a Brazilian steakhouse but that's not incredibly fancy either, but I did get charged and arm and a leg for it. Oh maybe a few months ago I went to New York and dined at Jean Georges and that was kind of fancy.

5. Where do forest rangers go to 'get away from it all'? What do you do to get away from it all?

I travel out of the city, usually to another city or a beach. It'll be beach weather pretty soon.

6. Why do people who know the least know it the loudest? What do you do to get a know-it-all to shut up?

Ignore the person. Do my own thing. I'm pretty good at shutting a person out.

7. If a man speaks in the forest and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong? Men: does your woman (or most recent) think that you are always wrong? Women: Do you believe that men are always wrong?

Well, the boyfriend and I like to tell each other what to do sometimes and it's mostly out from caring so it's okay.

8. If a turtle loses his shell, is it naked or homeless? Tell us about a time when you were caught naked.

Um, I have yet to be caught naked. It's not such an easy feat to be caught naked.

9. Would a fly that loses its wings be called a walk? How badly do flies annoy you?

Sometimes I do get annoyed by flying insects. That's one of the reason why I dislike Summer.

10. Why do they report power outages on TV? When was the last time that you went without power?

Sometimes if I don't charge up my phone or iPod I'd still be bond in such situations. I think last summer I have experienced power outage when everyone turned on their air conditioning.

11. If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat? Have you ever been or considered to be a vegetarian?

No, I love food too much to restrict myself to just vegetables. Though I do enjoy a vegetarian meals every now and then. When I was a kid, grandma use to go to worship in temples and when that happens it usually follow up with a vegetarian banquet. It's tasty food, I especially like the corn congee and the fake Chinese barbecue utilizing marinated seitan and tofu skins instead of meat. Good stuff.

12. If the cops arrest a mime, do they tell him he has the right to remain silent? Tell us about a time when either you were arrested or came close.

Once I was in a field trip to a water park and the visit got cut short because of a thunderstorm. It was raining cats and dogs and the park had to close so their patrons don't get strike by lightnings, everyone was trying to get out of the park and the traffic was so bad that no one was moving. A park ranger decided to use his patrol car to block the nearest exit to the highway. So one of us went out in the rain trying to persuade the ranger to move out of the way instead of having us driving in circles. The guy just wouldn't, I started going out to argue with the guy and ending up yelling at him. It's not until later a cop showed up in civilian outfit and tell me that a park ranger is pretty much like a cop and I could be arrested by him that I know that it's a serious offense. Other than that I have yet to brush against the law.

13. Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food? Have you ever owned a cat?

No. When I was growing up my grandma on my father's side owned a cat, other than that my good friend who I was living with owned a cat that he called "Kitty" and Kitty used to be the mobster who struts around the premise and who made a dog ran away in whimpers after scratch the dog's nose. Cats are cool but too moody, I prefer dogs.

Have a great weekend!

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP