Vacation Part 2 - Cape May/Rehoboth Beach

>> Tuesday, April 01, 2008

We drove down to Cape May the next day, walked around the older looking town. It looks like something out of an old technocolor movie. Little souvenir shops, a very old looking supermarket, little hotels along the beach. There's a small town charm to it. We took our shoes off and walked along the beach for a little while. We have been blessed by some sun, but it's still quite breezy and cold.

Took the Cape May - Lewes Ferry across the Delaware Bay. I thought it would be quite interesting, but Medic Guy is still recovering from an ear infection and although he never had a history of sea sickness, he's feeling it this time. I was gonna make another sex joke for his need to sip cola and suck on mint to keep himself from hurling but I spared him. The ferry takes 80 minutes to cross a 17 miles gap and with the wind picking up, it's surprisingly rough. I'm usually pretty good with being at sea but for the rest of the day, I felt the waves in my head, it's strange sometimes after swimming I would feel the movement of the water when I go to sleep.

The gay bed and breakfast in Rehoboth turned out to be a motel and it's right next to a very busy street. There was no way, anyone can be naked in anywhere of the property. There goes the Jacuzzi plan. We went to the outlets and trying to take advantage of the tax free situation but the prices in the stores are really not as low as other outlets in Pennsylvania. And more and more I got a feeling that I'm the sugar daddy here as Medic Guy's sweet tooth protrudes. I wonder why I have always acted in that role in all of my relationships, especially when all of my boyfriends have been older than me.

We went to a seafood restaurant recommended by the host of the inn. It was pretty nice. Medic guy don't eat much seafood, so he ordered bruschettas and a steak. He's allergic to raw tomatoes and I thought he would be allergic to the bruschettas but he said it's OK because there's olive oil and garlic. Huh? I got some steamed clams, some seared tuna, some curry mussels and a side of linguine. They were nice enough to mix the linguine with the curry mussels for me. I was gonna mix it up myself, but I guess they knew what I wanted.

After dinner, Medic Guy insisted on going to a drag show. I wasn't enthusiastic about it mostly because I have a fear of big tall drag queens just like some kids cry when they see clowns. Sorry. It was way better than I expected. One drag queen calls herself Dillusions wore a fantastic car costumes with headlights and all came out, she was killing it lipsynching to "Carwash". The host Mona Lots came out dressed as white trashy Divine with a flying pan did a comedic rendering of "You Ain't Women Enough". The best performer though is a black lady, not only is she looks way more feminine than the other 6'5", 250 pounds white drag queens, she also really does perform while the others are more interested in grabbing money. At one point, Medic Guy and I were worried that her neck might snap from twirling too much.

All in all I had a great night.


Cape May

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP