My Dreams

>> Thursday, April 17, 2008

Well, we all have dreams, don't we? Of course I want to be rich or famous or madly in love with a hunk of a man. But let's get specific.

1. I want to win the lottery - well, everybody does and feels like they deserves it, like god is the one who chooses the winner. lol. Maybe I should say I don't want to worry about money for the rest of my life.

2. I want to own a duplex - ES laughed when I told her that's what I want and called me easy. Well, I want a nice spacious one in the city, It has been one of my dreams since I was a kid, that and being able to fly.

3. I want to find a good man, settle down with him and start a family together - I think that's every gay man's dream, or is it that we want tons of sex swith tons of good looking guys?

4. I want to get a dog - Preferably an Alaskan Malamute or a german shepherd. I know they like cold weather and they shed like crazy, but aren't they cute?


Alaskan Malamutes (aw...)

5. I want to adopt - Given I can't reproduce with my guy, I think it's important to give kids a home.

6. (This one is a big one, ready?) I want to start a non-profit "feel good" restaurant - I have given this quite a few thoughts, here we go:

I want to start a restaurant in which the revenue is donated to a different worthy cause each month. A feel good restaurant in which the diners will eat good food while feed good knowing they are doing something good just by patronizing the establishment. Of course, there will be a report with figures of donation or the good that the restaurant has done near the entrance updated monthly available for reading.

In order to maximize the amount donated to the cause:
A. All wait staff could be volunteers. (More charming and don't have to pay)
B. Tips should be part of the donation.
C. Sous chefs will be interns from nearby culinary institutes. (Don't have to pay)
D. Negotiate with local farmers/fisherman/alcohol companies to donate or sell produce for a special rate and they can write it off as a tax deduction.

Spending that could not be avoided:
A. Rent
B. Equipment and kitchen supplies
C. Interior design plus furnishing
D. Inspection and licenses including an alcohol license
E. Salary for chef, dessert chef, bartender, maitre d, accountant, PR person.
F. Some alcohol and food costs.

Other potential bits:
A. Healthy food? (Hopefully not too healthy)
B. Organic food? (Depends if it increase production costs)
C. Water fountain (If people are encouraged to throw coins, that could be part of the donation)
D. Email newsletter (It's a must)
E. Guest chefs (From other restaurants to donate their time as a tax write-off)

If this business model works, I can turn it nationwide or even worldwide.

From what I've heard after sharing my ideas to my laughing friends, this is not exactly new. They have business models like that in Thailand and perhaps DC, but I do think it is achievable, if I have the dough. But oh, one can dream.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP