Movie Month - May

>> Monday, April 28, 2008

The weather is good enough for people to be active again and since summer is near, there will be a series of interesting movies coming up in May starting this Friday.

May 2 (Friday)

Ironman

I remember the cartoon version of the DVD came out sometime last year, so I'm very familiar with the base story. Tony Stark, scientist and owner of Stark Enterprises, is a weapon engineering genius who was kidnapped by a terrorist group to develop a powerful weapon for their use. Instead, he developed a suit of armor to escape captivity and ultimately save the world. Basic superhero movie, but I love superhero movies. Robert Downey Jr. is not the most likable guy, but he does resemble Tony Stark a little bit and if Keanu Reeves can play Neo, I wouldn't complain that much.


May 9 (Friday)

The Fall

Limited showing, it's another showing about superheroes. This one is about an older man telling superhero stories to a younger kid during the time when they are both in the hospital. I'm sure the old guy would either die at the end or he would be one of the superhero in his stories or both.



May 16 (Friday)

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Never read the book, so I don't know what it is all about. But I know it's a big production with a lot of special effects. I bought their first installment but Principe took it with him when he left, I watched it half-heartedly in Spanish with him, since my Spanish sucks.





May 22 (Thursday)

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

What can I say? It's a Indiana Jones film! Well growing up, I've seen a lot of Indiana Jones films and I share a same phobia with him, I'm terrified of snakes. Um, petrified. So I'm really looking forward to see this film but then again Harrison Ford has grown a lot older and I would be very disappointed if this film turns out to be another franchise that lost its substance and they are just doing it because of the money.


May 27 (Tuesday)

Shelter (DVD)

I saw this film last July in a gay and lesbian movie festival here in Philly and I loved it so much. I'm surprised that they didn't want the film to go on the big screen and it has to go straight to DVD but it is a very sweet story. Just as Eliot has recommended everyone to see Into the Wild (and it was good), I would recommend everyone to rent this film when it comes out.


May 30 (Friday)

Sex and The City

I don't think I need to say more. I was a fan of the series and I thought it ended too soon. So I'll definitely be in line for this one. I think everyone is expecting great things about this movie, I think it will gross the most revenue for this movie genre.


I complain all the time that there is no mainstream movie theaters in Philly that can be reached by conveniently. But I'll get my lazy butt to a movie theater in the suburb, maybe with my friend DC and do our usual hopping from one movie to the other, sneaking around until we get dizzy. Thinking we'll get caught is half of the excitement.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP