The Little Card That's Not Green

>> Friday, August 17, 2007

My green card official arrived. I started blogging right before I was applying for one and it only took 13 months, not too bad. While it should have been a joyous event, I was quite blazee about it. I guess I was expecting a little bit more, after all it is a hot topic right now with all the illegal immigrants being arrested and deported as we speak; Tons of people will kill to be in my position. But it was just a card, not even green.

This little card is gonna allow me to live and work in United States freely for the next 10 years. It means I can start looking for another job, since apparently I hate mine right now. It means I can move to another part of the country if I choose to. It's a nice luxury to have.

I'm thinking of sending my lawyer and his paralegal who handled my case some gift baskets. It's hard to find a place who has gift baskets and deliver them at the same time. 1-800-flowers and FTD are the only 2 places that does that. I'm thinking of a dessert tray for my lawyer and probably a spa gift bundle thing for the paralegal. Not that I'll ever need their console again but I guess it's a nice thing to do.

So I got the card, it'll be at least a nice excuse to get myself a piece of cake to 'celebrate'.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP