Easter Purging

>> Friday, April 10, 2009



After almost 3 months of low carb diet, I've decided to take a long weekend off to purge carby things in my pantry and get some cravings out of the way, all in Jesus' name. I've broken the rule through and through with a high carb dinner consist on crab cakes, baked macaroni and cheese, and a banana brownie ice cream sundae. Even though I've craved for mac & cheese for the longest time, somehow it came out not as good as I thought it would, I don't know exactly why. The sundae however was quite decked out, I baked the brownie with two kinds of chocolate, pine nuts, a pinch of espresso powder and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Cut them into cubes, mixed with banana, ice cream, whipped cream and a chocolate sauce. If it didn't taste good, at least I've an awesome time making it and honestly how can it not taste good?

To purge out the half bags of lentils, split peas and the few cans of corn, I made it all into a little grainy, soupy mush that tasted surprisingly good. Even though I can turn my remaining bag of sweetened coconut flaked into macaroons in the name of Passover, what and I even gonna do with 4 half boxes of pasta? I guess it'll at least take a whole week to get rid of all of them. It's possible that by the end of this I could be 5 pounds heavier.

While we're at it, I can't seem to get Silence! The Musical outta my head due to this clip:

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP