Viral Videos (Gwen Verdon and Sondra Prill)

>> Friday, January 11, 2008

Like everyone else, I love YouTube. YouTube is the perfect place to find those classic moments on TV that you want to revisit again and again. It's America's Funniest Home Videos on steroids. It's TiVo, only it's free. Anyone with a digital camera can make their own clips and upload it online. Some put it in front of their TV and uploads TV shows, others with upload part of their lifes, game tutorials, and even sing and dance.

While I'm not a producer of any kind, I like to watch. Me and my friend Cubxotic were discussing various clips we saw on YouTube and who we subscribe to and I thought I should share some of these classics:


Gwen Verdon's Walk It Out



Gwen Verdon appeared in the Ed Sullivan show during the 70s and danced with her posse to a ditty called Mexican Breakfast Fosse style. Afterwards, someone found out that it matches the hip-hop number Walk It Out by UNK. It is kinda funny to see them old birds dancing to a hip-hop song and somehow it seems that the choreography is more appropriate to the hip hop song than the original music, seen here. It would so be the latest aerobic hit if someone can learn and teach it look what it does to the buns and thighs.


Sondra Prill's Nasty



Wait for the bridge and laugh your ass off around 2:22.

What can I say? I can't help but crack up everytime I watch this clip. Apparently Sondra Prill had a public access TV show entitled "My Show" back in 1987 in Tampa, FL. Covering songs from various artists. She's kinda pretty, just completely tone-deaf and the cheese factor is over the top. Watch her versions of Pump Up the Jam, Addicted to Love or watch her karaoke version of Greatest Love of All and see the dismay of the lady sitting on the left. Personally, I just think Sondra is ahead of her time. She could really have a revived career and give William Hung a run for his money.

"No my first name ain't baby... it ain't #@%&*!"

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP