More Things to Obsess Over

>> Thursday, January 31, 2008

I don't know why had the notion in that YouTube is only for clips for English viewers. I should have know the Chinese (amongst others) would find a way to utilize it to the max. A friend just sent me the link to clips of Hong Kong television shows back in the 70s and within the same guy's folder there are back to the 50s. Where do they find those things? They don't even have VCRs yet back in the 50s.

Amongst the different clips there are episodes of a series resembles to the Twilight Zone. I remember being very scared when I watched them growing up, we have our own set of ghosts and monsters in China. I would probably laugh at the special effects and storylines if I watch them now, but I'm too chicken shit to watch them. Somthings are timeless though, like Children's songs from the 70s:



and some McDonalds commercial back in the 80s:



Maybe not timeless, but the nostalgic values are melting me.

I also accidentally stumble across another TV series about a famous Chinese Kung Fu novel "Return of the Condor Heroes". There's an outrageously gorgeous girl in it and english subtitles if anyone is interested. Just click here to start part one of the first episode. I stayed up until 5 this morning just because I can't stop watching the show. There's like 41 hour-long episode. Pray for me.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP