My Crush's First-Born

>> Thursday, October 18, 2007

GS had a son, another addition to the cabbage patch amongst our high school friends. What is it? two boys and one girl now? GS' wife named him Anson, where do people come up with these crazy names?

At some point, I forgot how old I am. We are in our early 30s and all of us have passed the optimum age to have children. Somehow the news of GS having a son really brought it home the fact that I may never have children.

Brought up in the traditional Asian mind set, one of the greatest purpose in life is to carry our name over to the next generation. It is part of the reason why there are so many abandoned female orphans after China's one-child policy. I don't really mind if the bloodline ends with me, although I think I do have some half-sisters or half-brothers somewhere, but I can't help but be disappointed that I might not be able to experience the joy of children, the 'unconditional' love. Maybe I'll just find someone with children and go through the 'this man is your dad's best friend' thing.

I used to have such a crush on GS, the sunny, good looking, athletic star. It's great that we still maintained a friendship. Hope life is good for him on the other side of the fence.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP