I Just Don't Get It

>> Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I really don't get it. On my way to work this morning, a bunch of anti-abortionist was outside showing passer-bys pictures of dead fetuses and shouting their interpretation of the word of god. The thing that gets me though is that these people who shouts are all men, of the ten to fifteen anti-abortionist strategically planted in the three block radius, there is only one female, a ten-years old girl at that. For me, it is way less convincing to me since it's so much easier for them to yell anti-abortion slogans when they can't even get pregnant at the first place. What do I care anyway? As a gay man, it's almost a non-issue for me so can you just spare me with the disgusting pictures of dead-anything?

One of the giant posters features a cute baby on one size with the word "Life" on it, and when the crafty holder flips it over it is is a dead fetus with the word "Death". Honestly you can do the same with pictures of a dog or an adult, does it really mean anything? Of course, things that are dead are always more horrifying than when they are alive.

The horrible thing is that they drag their children to participate in their own cause. Anti-abortion, anti-gays, KKK, they are all building a whole new generation of hate, if they are so concerned about people who have abortions, why don't they offer the pregnant mothers to take care of their children after they are born? Protest about the war, it's killing tons of people, grown ups at that.

Francesco said something very buddhist on his blog: "It's not up to us to dole out rewards and punishments." That would be ideal in an ideal world, but I've learned that bullies exist in the real world, there are people who comes around only to cause harm for their personal gains or just to feel superior and I can't help myself to be vindictive. I'm not into petty score keeping, but when those malice becomes a habit or a trend, it's hard not to notice and take caution. Somebody has to shut them down, somebody has to do it so why not me? If everybody let things go, we wouldn't need the police, or the whole jurisdiction system. There wouldn't be Superman, Batman or Spiderman.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP