The Cinderella Complex

>> Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I was chatting with a few people online yesterday who gave me advice on finding that someone special. Funny thing is, I didn't ask them for it. It just naturally follows my 'Yes' to their "Are you single?'.

I have been chatting with this opera singer from Germany for quite a while and he was sweet enough to say that the one I'm looking for is out there, I just have to look for him. I told him that I don't have enough self confident and don't feel that I am good enough. He told me that he used to have the same problem but he told me that I can't seat and wait for someone to come find me. Am I just sitting here for someone to come find me?

The morales of children's stories are often "Work on yourself, inner beauty and honesty will be rewarded", but it's frustrating when it doesn't happen in real life. The ones who get rewarded are the ones who can scream the loudest, the pretty ones, the already rich and powerful or the ones who befriend them. The quiet, reserved ones and the self-sufficient ones seldom get noticed. What exceptional qualities does one have to possess to be found and rescued? When will my fairy godmother show up with her magic wand and make me pretty enough to get noticed? And how vain can I be to make myself appealing when vanity is shunned upon?

A wise man would stop playing victim, slay the cruel stepmother-turn-dragon and rescue another waiting princess. Unfortunately, the world is filled with too many damsels and not enough prince who has the courage to ride on the pretty white steed.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP