Exercising Self-Control

>> Monday, July 31, 2006

I wasn't even supposed to be at work today. I took today and tomorrow off because I have tons of vacation time left and I am going to see Cirque du Soleil's Quidam for the fifth time tomorrow night. But the auditor is coming today and my CFO is scared shit-less, so she asked me to be here so I can help her if she needs any help, and being the nice guy that I am, I said yes.

Well, I gave all my Kobe Bouchee away this morning. I could have enjoyed every single one of them, ah... (exhale) I'm starting my diet today, ah... (exhale) I don't want to, but I have to. I got myself together and wrote down my meal plan for the next 27 days and I'm gonna share this on my blog as an oath to stick with it. Note that it is not my habit to have breakfast and I can easily take leftovers or go out and get myself a salad for lunch. So here goes:

Day 1: Pork and Cabbage -- Leftover Ingredients From the Okonomiyaki
Day 2: Chicken Salad with Apple, Pine Nuts and Blue Cheese on Spring Mix
Day 3: Cheese Burgers with Two Sunny Side-Up Eggs
Day 4: Water Spinach (Hollow Vegetables) with Garlic
Day 5: Mushroom Omelet
Day 6: Salmon Steak on Spring Mix, and Salsa Fresca
Day 7: Pork Chops with Cauliflower Gratin
Day 8: Chicken, Celery and Shiitake Stir-Fry
Day 9: Duck, Pecan and Pear on Arugula
Day 10: Garlic Chives
Day 11: Smoked Salmon on Spinach with Boiled Eggs, Tomato and Capers
Day 12: Western Omelet (Ham, Tomato, Pepper and Onion)
Day 13: Grilled Tuna with Zucchini and Yellow Squash Gratin
Day 14: Rib-Eye Steak with Asparagus and Salsa Fresca
Day 15: Wedge of Iceberg with Bacon, Pepper and Tomato, Blue Cheese Dressing
Day 16: Chicken Caesar Salad with Eggs and Black Olives
Day 17: Creole Beef (Celery, Pepper, Onion and Seasonings)
Day 18: Garlic Shrimp on Romaine Lettuce
Day 19: Pork Tenderloin with Cooked Iceberg
Day 20: Roasted Chicken with Broccoli
Day 21: Steamed Sea Bass with Shredded Zucchini, Carrots and Squash

Notice I will use some carb ingredients like tomatoes, carrots, onion, pears and apple, but I'll try to use less of them. There will be days that I would need to eat out and there will be days that I need to eat leftovers from the night before. So I guess this is okay for now. I really will need to improvise anyway. For snack, I got some mixed nuts and lunch meats and also some cheese. I also got tons of low carb diet ice tea. So, let's see how long I will last.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP