Weekend Meme: New Year's Meme 2012

>> Sunday, January 08, 2012

I guess a year of non-blogging does strange things to a person. I'm not used to putting away a chunk of my time to write and I don't really know how to go about it anymore, so excuse me for my infrequency. I'm still trying to get used to blogging again. Same thing with work.

After being a 99er in 2010, I have to say that I'm still getting used to the concept of working. When I was at the Donuts, I didn't have any time off; I worked through the holidays, working 6 days a week non-stop and even on call when I needed to be. Now I work a job where there's vacation, it just seems odd and unfamiliar somehow. I guess I just don't know what to do with my free time. I'm bringing back my Weekend Meme section to slowly introduce myself back in the world of blogging. After my year-long sabbatical, I have accumulated quite a bunch of meme to play with. So let's get to it:
 
New Year's Meme 2012
 
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Work two jobs. After getting my new job at the end of May, I actually work Donuts on the weekend and that was something.
 
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I did. I forgot what it was already, maybe I didn't have any. I made some resolutions this year, lose weight, fuck more.  

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope, nobody other than some high school friends.  

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope. Thankfully.
 
5. What countries did you visit?
I haven't visited anywhere overseas this year.  

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
I think I'd like to have a new boyfriend or at least a few dates with the same person.
 
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 31, the first day of my new job. The ex-boyfriend's birthday, which is also the day we broke up.
 
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a job that pays a lot better than Donuts, with insurance and benefits.
 
9. What was your biggest failure?
My love life, I guess. If I'm an optimist then I'll see that as ending something that didn't and couldn't work.  

10. What was the best thing you bought?
A few new coats that I like. I actually spent a day at the mall and bought tons of stuff. I needed a change of wardrobe badly.  

11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Throughout my ordeals, I remained true to myself. I think I'm pretty proud of that.  

12. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted?
A relative of a close friend refuse to pay my friend after he renovated her new house which is truly horrible.  

13. What song will always remind you of 2011?
My friends are into trashy songs and from working at the Donuts, I think the songs of 2011 would be: Nicki Minaj "Super Bass" Selina Gomez "Love You Like a Love Song" LMFAO "Sexy And I Know it" Maroon 5 "Moves Like Jagger"  

14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Sex, exercise, go out drinking.  

15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stay home, work.  

16. Did you fall in love in 2011?
No new love.
 
17. What was your favorite new TV program?
Dexter, True Blood, Whitney, New Girl, Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, etc.  

18. What was the best book you read?
I can't remember reading any books this year.  

19. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
Having a boyfriend? Seriously I'm not that boyfriend hungry, but maybe I am.  

20. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Bought a coat from Kenneth Cole that resembles a bit like a Mao suit jacket. Other than that, I got some new sweaters and new pants. I guess, it's modern oddity that intrigues me.  

21. What kept you sane?
I have no idea. I don't know where the resiliency comes in but I'm glad it's there.  

22. Who did you miss?
I'm not gonna lie. I do miss the ex-boyfriend but lately I'm worried about my grandma. I got news that she had a stroke two days before New Year's and half her body is paralyzed. I don't really know what to say or do.
 
23. Who was the best new person you met?
People at work. I also have this big old crush with this big hunky bear who's married with children but it's just a crush, nothing more.  

24. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2011?
Nothing is forever, nobody is not replaceable.  

25. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
That might be hard to do. "On and on it seems to go..."

Well, I'm still not feeling 100% back yet, but hopefully I'll find more and more things to post.

Have a great day!

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP