End of The Year Spo-Meme

>> Friday, December 31, 2010

It's the end of the year and I usually recount the year by showing pictures of food I made and this year is not that different but on top of that I thought I'd borrow my blog friend Ur-Spo's Meme, so we can pass it around.

2010 Accomplishment
The biggest accomplishment this year is probably completing the 10-day master cleanse diet with my boyfriend. In those 10-days, we didn't eat anything and all we took for nutrition was lemonade made with maple syrup. I think I lost 15 pounds.

2010 Discovery
Other than discovered that I can stay alive and have the will to not eat for 10 days? The boyfriend and I had discovered an Indian eggplant relish called Brinjal and we have been putting it in practically everything, I have also used it to make lamb stew, taste pretty good.

Favorite 2010 Vacation/Holiday
Since I was unemployed for the longest time, it was like a prolonged vacation.

Best dining in 2010
In February, I visited Jean Georges in New York and I had to say, the prix fixe lunch for one of the best meal I had for a low, low price.

2010 Regret
I'm going through a rather tough period right now with a job that I don't particularly enjoy and my boss just changed my schedule to 4:30 am to 2:00pm for 6 days a week, it means I have to go to bed around 7pm to get up at 3am. It practically wipe off all my social life. Even though it's tough, it's something that I have to do to earn a living, while I can't regret having this job. I must confess that I was a bit lazy and scared to look for a job in the beginning of the year.

Magic Moment in 2010
I don't know. I think one night out at the Night Market event with lots of food vendors on the street and tons of people gathering was very neat. It was good to be able to walk around with the boyfriend at night around the neighborhood as well.

What states did you visit in 2010?
I didn't go too far this year, just Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York.

The 2010 Surprise
That I can rely on my boyfriend and my friends in the time of need. I feel fortunate and blessed.

Three 2011 Goals
1. Get a job that is more reasonable with a better pay, better benefits and a better future.

2. Get into a better financial situation.

3. Enjoy life to the fullest with my love and my friends.

And this is the stuff I've made this past year:


Turtle Burgers


Chocolate Cupcakes with mini cherry pies baked in and a chocolate chip cookie on top.


My first fondant cake and my first adult themed cake for a friend's birthday.


A tiny, tiny birthday cake for my boyfriend's birthday but he was so drunk that he didn't even remember eating it.


Remaking Magnolia Bakery's Banana Bread Pudding


Homemade Siu Mai


36 layers of crepe and orange creams to make up a fluffy cake.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP