TV Round Up (Feb 2012 Edition)

>> Sunday, February 05, 2012

So I've yet to get back in to the groove of blogging. It's strange, I think once you lose something it's really hard to get it back and I count it as an experiment that went awry.

Work had been kicking my butt lately, I'm spending too much time at work and after working a few 12 hour days, My brain is frazzled and by Wednesday, I just don't know what to do anymore. I got so tired that it's hard for me to focus on anything. And then some asshole had to add more pressure on me that I'm resenting my job. When people know that you're capable on doing work, everyone starts coming to me for stuff and since we have 60 staff, it adds up quickly. I'm working lots of uncompensated overtime and I don't get pay much to start with. Maybe it's not a bad idea to start looking for another job. The non-profit world really don't pay. Or maybe I should stop making everything so personal and taking everything to heart.

Other than spending a huge amount of time with my Chinese cohort, I've been watching a lot of TV, both real time and downloads. The usual like Jon Stewart/Stephen Colbert which acts as my political moral compass. I also picked up on David Duchovny's Californication during a 72 hours Showtime OnDemand free trial. It's amazing on how many shows one can watch when ones Chinese upbringing steers him towards free stuff. I was pretty much on lock down. The story is pretty compelling. He plays a successful writer that has the ability to charm women off their panties, he seems to enjoy bring drama into his life.

SyFy had been doing pretty well for themselves of late, Face Off is on their second season. Some 12 special effects make up artist competing against each other on their skills, It's like sci-fi version of Project Runway. Lost Girl is another highly addictive series from Canada that combines mythology and detective series altogether in one nifty show Anna Silk (real name) plays Bo who's a naive succubus that got caught between the wars of Fae. Anna Silk sounds more like the name of a succubus than Bo but I digress. We got superpowers, strange creatures and half naked bodies of hot men. It's like Buffy but gayer and better special effects. Bo is also Bi who's torn between a hot lesbian doctor and a sexy werewolf. (Why does all these shows had to have a werewolf as if werewolf is a hyper form of masculinity?) It's fun to play a little detective while learning a new kind of demon every week. I've watched the whole Season 1 and half of Season 2 now. I'm eager to watch more.

Yeah, Project Runway All-Stars is on TV and so far I'm not really that impressed. Maybe I'm way out of touch on fashion but most of the winning looks kinda sucks. Even though I root for Mondo because he seems to be the one who really got gypped on his season his end product is not really that exciting either. Also RuPaul this season seems to have the most busted drag queens I've seen so far. I was gonna say something snide about even Philadelphia have better drag queens but we don't. Our gay scene here is as tame as a hospital cafeteria. I haven't been watching Glee for a long time but I'm excited about the new show Smash. Just saw their pilot on demand and it seems like a whole lot of fun. The whole Broadway is in full view from the sparks of an inspiration to song writing, to auditions, choreographing, production, funding and the whole politics of it. I thought it might be set in the past but the show is very modern day and we have some original scores to boot. And what? Debra Messing in a show being the best pal of another gay man? Will & Grace and being the first Project Runway celebrity judge, I wonder if one can be typecast in that particular light. Morticia Addams, is that you? Anjelica Houston where have you been all those years? I expect a lot of guest appearances from Broadway stars and legends. We'll see how likeable Katherine McPhee could be.

These and the Big Bang Theory should keep me pretty well occupied. I'm sure I'll be exploring another series soon, which doesn't do well for my healthy living challenge at work. I'm supposed to be more active but lately my motivation is low. Thank god I have a loads of interesting men to help me on the physical end of the spectrum. (Pun intended)

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP