Weekend Meme: What If... Meme

>> Saturday, January 09, 2010



This past week I've had a phone interview for a programmer analyst job, I have yet to hear anything from them yet. Since they say that they'll make a decision within the week, I assume that I didn't get the job. I should have sounded more enthusiastic about the prospect.

Other than that I registered to help in the census bureau. I went to take the test yesterday to gauge my abilities and I have to say it was really interesting. It was located at a community hall of a church, there were more than 20 people there, mostly elderly men or women between the age of 65 to 80, with a few young ladies sprinkling here and there. I felt a bit out of place. You can see some elderly have problems walking around and hearing, it makes you wonder how they'd be able to go door-to-door to collect data.

The test itself was tougher than I thought, each question came with lots of instructions and they are all tricky questions in the likes of "If Billy put up 4 fingers and retract 2, how many fingers does Billy have?" Only wordier and more complicated. There are 28 questions with maps, charts and descriptions to decipher in 30 minutes to test the participants' clerical skills, reading skills, number skills, interpreting information and evaluating alternatives skills, and organizational skills. I double checked every answer I've given and finished just 2 minutes under. I wonder how the elderly would fare. I noticed that the old lady next to me has forgone her answer sheet and just circled her answers in the book during the test, I was selfish and didn't correct her because I don't want to be labeled as a cheat for noticing her errors. It's not like the instructor didn't read all the procedures ahead of time and remind us for everything we must do, though I do still feel bad for not saying anything. If anything do come to be, it'll probably start around April and if I really do want a job I should throw more bait out there .

This week's Meme is brought to you by Sunday Stealing.

1. You can press a button that will make any one person explode. Who would you blow up?
Glenn Beck, I associate him with all things that's wrong with our society and it'll be a thrill to be able to push the button when he's just saying something disgusting on live TV.

2. You can flip a switch that will wipe any band or musical artist out of existence. Which one will it be?
I wonder if anyone would miss some of them, it wouldn't make much of a difference. Does William Hung count as a musical artist?

3. Who would you really like to just punch in the face?
Fred Phelps, though he's so old it might be unfair. And can I wear a glove? I don't want his evil to get on me.

4. What is your favorite cheese?
Wow, it's hard to choose just one. How about Brie? Preferably the Champignon kind with bits of dry mushroom studded inside.

5. You can only have one kind of sandwich. Every sandwich ingredient known to humankind is at your immediate disposal. What kind will you make?
Let's see. Every crazy ingredient possible? I'll take a Vietnamese grilled ground beef stuffed grape leaves with provolone, sauteed shiitake mushrooms, lettuce, tomatoes with a fried sunny-side-up eggs on top with buttered baguette and a half peanut half mayo sauce. I wonder if it'd be as good as I imagine it to be.

6. You have the opportunity to sleep with the movie celebrity of your choice. We are talking no-strings-attached sex and it can only happen once. Who is the lucky celebrity of your choice?
John Cena

7. You have the opportunity to sleep with the music-celebrity of your choice. Who do you pick?
Wow, I've never thought of this. Maybe Nick Lachey?

8. Now that you’ve slept with two different people in a row, you seem to be having an excellent day because you just came across a hundred-dollar bill on the sidewalk. Holy shit, a hundred bucks! How are you gonna spend it?
It's surprisingly easy to spend $100 nowadays, groceries and drinks and POOF, it's gone!

9. You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go?
Since it's free and it's so cold out, how about Hawaii or back to see my friends and family in Hong Kong? Let's say Hong Kong.

10. Upon arrival to the aforementioned location, you get off the plane and discover another hundred-dollar bill. Shit! Now that you are in the new location, what are you gonna do?
Well, definitely spend it on eating out, there are too many great things to eat in Hong Kong.

11. An angel appears out of Heaven and offers you a lifetime supply of the alcoholic beverage of your choice. It is…?
Black Currant vodka, so I can make my Black Currant cosmos again and again.

12. Rufus appears out of nowhere with a time-traveling phone booth. You can go anytime in the PAST. What time are you traveling to and what are you going to do when you get there?
Back when I was 10 to revisit my mom, tell me everything I need to know to make better decisions in my life and stock up on Mac stocks.

13. You discover a beautiful island upon which you may build your own society. You make the rules. What is the first rule you put into place?
Gays only! (Sorry, but that would be a lot easier in a lot of ways.)

14. You have been given the opportunity to create the half-hour TV show of your own design. What is it called and what’s the premise?

I think it would be a romantic drama about two person who lives on two buildings right next to each other, they never met but they are destined to be together. Every episode, you'll see their lives interweave in different ways. Social dynamics and the concept that "everyone in the world is separated by a few people" are kinda interesting to me. I have never seen "How I Met Your Mother" but maybe they have similar premises?

15. What is your favorite curse word?
Shit, I catch myself saying it without knowing sometimes.

16. One night you wake up because you heard a noise. You turn on the light to find that you are surrounded by MUMMIES. The mummies aren’t really doing anything, they’re just standing around your bed. What do you do?
Light my cigarette lighter just in case.

17. Your house is on fire, holy shit! You have just enough time to run in there and grab ONE inanimate object. Don’t worry, your loved ones and pets have already made it out safely. So what’s the item?
Oops, I guess I shouldn't have light the mummies on fire and have them run around my house. My document box, it has all the important documents in it.

18. The Angel of Death has descended upon you. Fortunately, the Angel of Death is pretty cool and in a good mood, and it offers you a half-hour to do whatever you want before you bite it. Whatcha gonna do in that half-hour?
Oops, I guess I shouldn't have ran back into the house to retrieve anything while it's ON FIRE!!! Maybe go to have a bowl of Pho with the boyfriend and laptop so I can enjoy the noodle while multi-tasking, transfer my money out, kiss the boyfriend and say the "I love you"s.

19. You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what’s even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What’s it gonna be?
Oops, so going to Pho turned out to be a radioactive good idea, I should have expected that from the Vietnamese. I've always wanted to be able to fly, preferably through telekinetic levitation than wings.

20. You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour, though. What half-hour of your past would you like to experience again?
Traveling through Europe with my mom.

21.You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?
Nothing has been too horrible to bear, but I think my personality would be more cheerful if I've never lived with one of my uncles for all those years.

22. You got kicked out of the country for being a time-traveling heathen who sleeps with celebrities and has super-powers. But check out this cool shit… you can move to anywhere else in the world! Bitchin’! What country are you going to live in now?
I think it'd be Australia, I heard they have great health care and social benefits. Plus the weather always seems to be great.

23. This question still counts, even for those of you who are under age. Check it out. You have been eternally banned from every single bar in the world except for ONE. Which one is it gonna be?
I wouldn't really know, how about a gay bar with bear boys and the occasional Go-go-bears?

24. Hopefully you didn’t mention this in the super-powers question…. If you did, then we’ll just expand on that. Check it out… Suddenly, you have gained the ability to FLOAT!!! Whose house are you going to float to first, and be like “Dude, check it out…I can FLOAT!”?
The boyfriend's that would be a dream come true. Oh come on god, just give it to me already!

25. The constant absorption of magical moonbeams mixed with the radioactive vegetables you consumed earlier has given you the ability to resurrect the dead famous-person of your choice. So which celebrity will you bring back to life?
That would be so unnatural to create zombies... I guess the most entertaining zombie would be Michael Jackson a la Thriller? Well, let the dead be dead.

26. The Celestial Gates of Beyond have opened, much to your surprise because you didn’t think such a thing existed. Death appears. As it turns out, Death is actually a pretty cool entity, and happens to be in a fantastic mood. Death offers to return the friend/family-member/person, etc. of your choice to the living world. Who will you bring back?
I think it'll have to be my mom. I don't get to spend too much time with her and learn from her like I should.

27. What’s your theme song?
Why? The Golden Girl theme song for sure! No there's no reason for it, really.

Anyhow, have a great weekend!

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP