Weekend Meme: Meme 35

>> Saturday, July 17, 2010



After doing the telephone meme last week, my cell phone has gone awry. I knew I shouldn't have try to appreciate things around me. The center column of buttons trigger some other effects and basically I won't be able to text anymore because it become too cumbersome to undo things whenever I type. I don't remember smashing it or dropping it, so I suspect it's some sort of electrical surge that caused the malfunction. I can still use other shortcuts to make and receive phone calls but I guess it's time for a new phone. Honestly I only got it a year and a half ago, so I'm not too happy. With most electronics, I usually expect at least a 3-year life cycle. So I'm looking for a new cell phone that is not an iPhone, as long as there's a nice camera and relatively affordable I'll be happy. If you know of a reliable model, please send me a comment.

This week's meme is from Sunday Stealing who stole it from someone else. It's originally a 80 questions meme, in which they cut it down to 44 and I in turn cut it down further to 35 to reduce redundancy from past meme and to celebrate on an event coming up this week.

1. Do you own an iPod?
Oh yeah, unlike the iPhone 4 I think iPod (especially iPod Touch) is a great toy.

2. What person do you talk to on the phone the most?
Actually I don't talk on the phone that much, I prefer texting. That's how my cell phone bill stays relatively low. I think calling Verizon's technical support to help my friend with his DSL and talking for 25 minutes was the longest call I've made in months.

3. Do you still remember the first person you kissed?
Mouth to mouth? I don't really know. I would think it's a family member. Since adulthood? I don't know that either. I have a rather casual view on kissing, not that I do it a lot but my first kiss as important as my virginity or other firsts.

4. Do you remember where you were on 11/9/01?
Oh yeah, I went to work after watching the news in the morning. I thought it was a behind-the-scenes movie production clip until I really paid attention to what the anchors are saying and realized that it wasn't. We talked about it at work and I think we only had to be there half day.

5. What was the last movie you watched?
I just went to a whole slew of movies at the Philly QFest. I'll be reviewing them soon enough.

6. Has anyone ever called you lazy?
Oh yeah, my family call me lazy all the time when I was a kid. I call myself lazy, it's one of my ingrained characteristics.

7. Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep?
No, I don't use sleeping pills. I have to say I'm pretty good at sleeping, I can count sheep if need be but I rarely do. Though when I'm sick I do use medication with drowsy effects but I don't think they work that well on me.

8. Has anyone told you a secret this week?
A friend's birthday is this week and he tried to hide it from us but his better friend told everyone, does that count?

9. What will you be doing in one hour?
I imagine not much different than what I'm doing now. I seriously spend too much time online but life in this decade pretty much revolves around the net.

10. Are you on a desktop computer or a laptop?
A laptop. Easier to drag it all around the place.

11. Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoos?
Nope. But if I do, I know what I'm gonna get.

12. Would you ever date anyone covered in tattoos?
Depends what you mean covered. I can deal with simple tattoos and even sleeves or a chest covered with it. But the whole body and face? That's a bit too much.

13. When is the last time you slept on the floor?
I used to do that tons of times when I was a kid but I haven't done that for a long while. Last time I've done that is probably 3-4 years ago. Not quite comfortable.

14. How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
I think 6-7. As I grow older the amount of sleep I need seems to be less, no doubt the amount of energy I use is less as well.

15. Do you eat breakfast daily?
Nope, usually none.

16. Are your days fast-paced?
I haven't had a fast paced day for a long while.

17. What did you do last night?
Saw two movies which I will be reviewing soon.

18. Do you use sarcasm?
More than I'd like to admit.

19. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
If you haven't figured out yet, I'll be 35.

20. Are you picky about spelling and grammar?
Not really, since I don't have very good grammar it's hard for me to detect mistakes. Unless it's outrageous than yes, I can be picky.

21. Do you get along better with the same sex or the opposite sex?
I think I get along better with the opposite sex. Since I'm gay, they don't see me as a potential interest and they can put down their guards.

22. Do you watch the news?
Not often, unless its satire. The regular news are too sensational and trivial.

23. How did you get one of your scars?
I have a small dent on my forehead that I got when I was 2-3 years old. My mom and grandma told me that I got it from running around the house while my mom was moping the floor. I bumped head first on the bed frame and got a few stitches.

24. What is the last big thing you purchased?
That'd be my iPod touch.


25. Who would you want to be tied to for 24 hours?
Depends on the reason or results of being tied up. I wouldn't want anyone close to me to be in harm's way. But if it doesn't result in a tragical end, it could be the boyfriend or one of my friends. Of course, I wouldn't mind to be tied up with Ryan Kwanten or Joe Manganiello. Have you seen this prime piece of meat? I'll howl for that.



Where do they find these people?

26. What is a rumour someone has spread about you?
Rumour? This meme must have started out in a foreign country. Last one I heard was that I was straight and had a Spanish girlfriend. It was spread by my downstairs neighbor because he heard me speaking Spanish on the phone and that I'm so "straight-acting".

27. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator?
That's a toughie. I don't even know how that dude stuck in the elevator for 41 hours survived. Where do you go to the bathroom? How do you get pass boredom and not go crazy? Hopefully I'd have my phone with me to call someone for help.

28. Do you know how to use some words correctly, but not know the meaning?
I don't for the longest time I thought pet peeves were something that I enjoy doing. Pets are cute and I didn't know what peeves meant. Isn't that hilarious?

29. Do you know which US states don’t use Daylight Savings Time?
Nope, I thought they all did. (Found out that Hawaii and "most of" Arizona don't observe daylight savings time. Good for them.)

30. Do you want a bright yellow ‘06 mustang?
Who wouldn't? As long as you can sell it out.

31. What’s something you’ve always wanted?
Peace, love and harmony. Power, money, looks and brains are also very good things. Health and a slamming body are too.

32. Would you rather swim in the ocean or a lake?
I think the lake would be nicer, though I don't think I've swam in a lake before.

33. Do you wear a lot of black?
I've gone through my own sans makeup goth phase when I was a teenager. I thought black was cool, but now I dabble more in the blue and brown era.

34. Describe your hair:
Black, short, fine, spiky when it'll let me.

35. Where is/are your best friend(s)?
They are either in Hong Kong or Philly. My closest online friend would be the one in Kentucky.

Have a wonderful weekend!

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP