Gotta Have My Soaps

>> Monday, March 03, 2008

Ok, you guys can make fun of me all you want but I'm gonna try to open up a bit despite how easily embarrassed I can be. I have a very strange soap habit, ever since I can remember I have loved bar soaps. Our family has always been one of the disgusting kind which the whole family from the eldest to the youngest everyone uses the same bar of soap to shower.

In my very tiny studio apartment, I don't have space to stock much but you better believe soaps and shampoos are one of the things that takes up places. It's nothing manic, there are about 20 to 30 bars at my place. And it's not like Jack Nicholson in As Good As It Gets either, I don't have OCD (not noticeable anyways) I don't use them once and throw them away. The most unusual thing would probably be putting them in my dresser to make my clothes smell good.

Growing up my favorite ones were Zest (very refreshing and always manage to wake me up for school) and a Chinese brand called Bee & Flower their soaps comes in Sandalwood, Jasmine and Rose scent and they are available in most Asian markets. Olay and Dove were pretty good too, they have extra moisturizing benefits.


B&F Soaps

I used to use this round soap from Body Shop that has these seaweed bits in it for scraping dead skins off your body and it smelled really good, but they stop manufacturing them. It's really too bad, both me and the sales person loved it. Right now my resident soap is Tom of Maine's Calendula, I used it for the past 5 years, I think the smell just oozes out my pores naturally now. It's around $4 a bar at Whole Foods. But I've just discovered another series of soap that took my breath away - South of France French Milled.


South of France - Lavender

I have actually kept them in my dresser for the longest time and I opened one the other day for a change of pace, lavender, and I am in love with it. It is really silky, but the thing that got me most is the smell, after using it I understand what aromatherapy means. It's intoxicating. South of France also carries soaps with other exotic aroma like pineapple, lychee, almond and mango. I got some and put it in my dresser, I wonder if they will attract bugs though. At $6-7 a bar, they are not cheap, but it seems like I just found a website that sells them for half the price. I wonder if that would work.

It's the little things in life I tell ya...

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP