To A Great Night

>> Monday, October 15, 2007

I haven't been to a bar for months and last Friday, JH invited me to go to an outing with the boys. It was country line dance Friday in one of the biggest local gay bar and I'm only too happy to oblige.

So we were out around 9:30 at night, JH, his boyfriend Kim, AL, and Betty. Tons of people already started line dancing. I mean, I think I've seen people line-dance before, but somehow it just cracks me up. It's a good ole time!

Bunch of people memorized the dance to dozens of song, where they actually learned in classes during the day so they can demonstrate at night to (cheesy) catchy country music. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ridiculing it. In fact, I haven't smiled so much in a very long time, my chin muscles hurt the day after. I just find it very funny. I saw two Asians and a guy with a blue mohawk doing it too. It sure has a multi-cultural following and everybody is doing the same choreography, it's almost like a cult.

I can't get over what a good time I've had. Surely it's not just the doings of the two martinis, although I am an easy drunk. AL was avoiding Betty the whole night because Betty got himself a ridiculous haircut and AL was too embarrassed to be seen with him. Ha! (It was very 'distinctive' though, and not in a good way)

Afterwards, I headed to another gay bars where they had an once a month Asian party. I know the people who hold the party, I got some appetizers and got pulled to do a long electronic survey for a study they were doing and got $40. Paid for all my expense that night and more. Pretty cool, huh? I wouldn't mind doing this more often.

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP